Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fantasy VS REALITY!

A few days ago I posted my Holiday plans. And I got this comment:
TC said...
For some reason I have the phrase "If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans" going through my head... intermixed with "The best laid plans of mice and men"...

You can go from there ;-)

Have a Merry Christmas!


So Just to show how incredibly smart TC is, I'll repost my plans with WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

Thursday, December 20, 2007
Here's the plan...
...we'll see if it actually goes down this way.

Tomorrow Darly & I have Girl Scouts. But the weather could make the roads a mess and cancel that. We'll see how it looks tomorrow. We did go to Girl Scouts and ended up wrecking the car on the way home!

Tomorrow my brother is supposed to come and get my mom for her to spend some time there (finally!) Course the weather might mess that up too. My brother did show up to get her, but it was 7pm before he got here and he ended up staying for dinner before he took her to his house.

Saturday my step-dad will be flying in. Brother should go get him...I think. Step-dad had wanted to come on Sunday so he could finish up some paperwork (grading finals for his class) but whatever. Stepdad did get in on Saturday with almost no problems except he took someone else's bag at the baggage claim. I cleaned up the house a bit to get ready for my Mom & Stepdad's arrival.

Sunday we are going to Brother's house for Christmas dinner with 8 members of SIL's family too. After dinner and visiting we will be taking Mom & Step-dad back to our house so Brother's family can leave for their trip on Monday. Only 7 of SIL's family showed up, dinner was good, but after dinner they got a call from SIL's mom. She was now too sick for Brother, SIL & nephew to come over for Christmas...so they were now staying home. Mom & Stepdad were now invited to spend the Christmas Holiday with Brother's family...which TOTALLY messed up everything else that was planned.

Monday Brother's family will be driving to SIL's mom's house. Monday we will be having our Christmas Eve dinner at around 5pm, DH will have to be at church at 6:15 to usher, don't know if we'll take two cars or not. Church service begins at 7pm and I may or may not be required to help DH usher. After Church service we will drive around to look at Christmas lights. Then we will come home and have hot chocolate and open one or two gifts. Since I had already planned to make Christmas Eve dinner and DH had to be at Church to usher on Christmas Eve, I was now cooking dinner for Brother's family too. That all turned out mostly okay...the only problems I had were finding room in the frig, burning my hand in the oven and my pie didn't turn out right. Mom was supposed to make the baked beans but since Brother & SIL are NEVER on time she didn't get here soon enough and the beans never thickened the way they are supposed to. But they still tasted good. Oh and a beef I have here, Mom says the beans take an entire onion...so I chopped an entire onion...mom only put in 1/4 of an onion in the beans. I now have 3/4 of an onion STINKING UP MY FRIG & HOUSE...and it's driving DH (who HATES onions) bonkers!

Christmas day we will open all the rest of the gifts, have left-over Christmas Eve dinner and just rest. Since Mom is at Brother's we will be heading over there for Christmas dinner and more gift opening.UPDATE: Since it is a White Christmas and there's no end in sight to when the snow will stop...and I'm a bit freaked out by last Friday still we have decided to stay home for now.

Oh and even though Darly had previously renounced all belief in Santa, she is no recanting fully and I think that since Santa was able to bring her an item on her list that was totally sold out, her belief is restored. Only Santa must have thought that I was a terrible girl this year cuz he didn't bring me anything. *pout* And DH got me a paperweight for Christms??? He got me some other good stuff from my list, but I'm confused about the paperweight. It doesn't even have a bunny on it!

5 comments:

  1. A paperweight? You have to snap a pic and show us!

    Merry Christmas dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only had eight for Festivus this year. I blame all the snow :)

    Oh wait.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours, Renee. Hope the car isn't messed up too bad, and glad you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What perfect examples of life happening while you are making other plans. Glad that you are not planning on driving with the snow. And as Heather said...please post a photo of the paperweight. Maybe we can help you figure out what that is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your memory for this amount of detail is amazing!!

    Paperweight is an interesting present! Maybe he ran out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like posts that make me look smarter :)

    Hope you had a good Christmas in spite of all that!

    ReplyDelete