Saturday, March 08, 2008

Dh is home and other stuff of non-importance

Dh arrived home yesterday at around 4pm and he was starving. The fact that I had decided to make beef stew in the crock pot and the whole house smelled yummy didn't help matters at all. He munched on some pretzles to tide himself over. The stew was yummy by the way. Darly only ate the meat. Since DH & Darly wont eat celery or onions, I pulled them out before putting in the flour. I may make some rice to go with it tonight.

I think I picked up a cold last Tuesday at the Gym. I don't know how as I didn't touch anything...but I know that before the gym I felt fine and the next day my nose was running. *eyeroll!* It seems content to just hang around my nose, but it's not pretty. I'll spare you the details. I'm now packing hand sanitizer in my purse...I feel as if I'm turning into my 5th grade teacher who used to put pinesol on her hands all the time.

Thursday we went to the mall with Heather, her friend K & the kiddos. I found out later that the kiddos were driving Heather up the wall so she thought that running around the mall might help to get the extra energy out of them...and her little house really isn't big enough for that many kiddos.

I finished reading "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and then started and finished "The Reluctant Journey of David Conners" I have to say that the second book was a much easier read than the first one. I finished it in one day and it was so compelling that I didn't want to put it down. I found "Cuckoo's Nest" to be a very hard read, it was confusing and very harsh...I didn't care for the language. And before you tear into me, yeah, I get that it's about a mental ward and they have a rough life. It's told from the point of view of a "Chronic" mental patient so you spend a bit of time trying to make sure he isn't halucinating.
Oh both of these books were read for book discussions...and the gals heading them up both read my blog. LOL! Oh well, they will know how I feel going in.

that's about all I know...

oooh, notice that I've been without Pepsi for over a month now. I've also decided to give up soft drinks all around. It hasn't been too hard. Thursday Darly & I had lunch at the mall and I went to the Greek place. I wanted the #1 combo meal, only w/o the soda & with water. They guy at the register had a problem with that..."no, it comes only with these drinks." So I told him I wanted what comes in the combo only with water instead. Every other place has no problem with this as they have the register set up that they plug in each item and then take the discount off...but no such luck here. Oh well, next time I'll get just the Gyro and order fries & a drink elsewhere cuz their fries weren't any good. blech!

1 comment:

  1. One thing that has always bugged me is how hard it is to eat and drink healthy when you are away from your own home.

    You can't substitute water for pop at a lot of places. When you go to a vending machine, juice and water cost more than pop. It's ridiculous.

    Good for you for making it over a month :) I'm proud.

    ReplyDelete