Saturday, March 15, 2008

Easter is next week!

yikes! Easter has snuck up on me once again! I guess it really doesn't matter when Easter is, it seems to just sneak up on me. I just had an awesome idea..I hope I have all the ingredients. I want to make some pretzels. How did I jump down that bunny trail? Well in MIL's family they always had a pretzel bake during Lent and I miss that. If I had been thinking clearer...I should have organized a pretzel party. Oh well.

Anyway back to Easter...

I'm not sure what it is about this time of year but for some odd reason, it doesn't matter when Easter falls...it sneaks up on me. As does Darly's birthday which is coming up in a month. How did that kid get to be 10 so fast?

So our Easter plans are not really made. Somehow I've got to figure out how we will manage a VERY EARLY Easter. Darly has been selected to be an acolyte at our Church service for the 8am service!!! For those of you who do not know me, we aren't usually out of bed at 8am on Sundays (well I am, but just barely...DH & Darly usually sleep in until 8:30.) So this will be interesting...as there are other things to consider... like when are we going to hunt for Easter Eggs???
We are pretty much resigned to the fact that the Egg hunt will have to wait until after Church service. I am really sure that SOMEBUNNIES are going to be very tired when we get home...somebunny might fall asleep during Church. I mean Darly! It is quite normal for her to catch a nap during Church...so waking her up early is going to be fun. And the poor gal is going to have to go sit up front with the Pastors during the service...and this is the Traditional service as well. We normally attend the Contemporary service. I just hope my poor child can stay awake.

I've already decided that Darly should make sure to get her shower on Saturday night...that will save us some time for Easter morning. I might have to have one then too. (ooh, I need to press my dress too! gotta a week to go for that though.) I doubt that anyone will want breakfast that early...well maybe DH as he is kinda used to being up for work.

Somehow I have to get Darly to go to bed early on Saturday night. Any ideas?

7 comments:

  1. can u tell darly to post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd time's the charm?

    Does Darly not have a set bedtime? Wow. I had one of those until I was like a junior in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do Cats like pretzels?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe let her run around all day and hopefully she'll tire herself out!

    Kailani

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... make her run around a lot and then hopefully she'll be tired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm.... TIRE HER OUT somehow -- the running....Tell her the sooner she goes to bed the sooner she'll wake up for Easter?

    ORRRR, change all the clocks!

    ReplyDelete