Monday, March 03, 2008

DH's update: & other stuff too

Dh called me late last night (10:40pm) and let me know that he had arrived...but had just got there.

His flight out of Denver was delayed because the plane was late getting to Denver from Phoenix. So luckily he decided to eat in Denver before leaving at 6 something...his flight was scheduled to leave at 4:20pm.

Once he got to Vegas, baggage claim was forever (like always! I think that we waited an hour 20 last time I was there.) Then he went to the shuttle and had to wait forever for that to show up (normally they shuttles are waiting on the people, don't know what was up with that!) and then of course the shuttle has to stop at all the hotels and DH's was last on the list.

He said he still had some paperwork to do before his class started so I don't think that he bothered with any gambling...especially since he doesn't like the action at the hotel he is in (it isn't on the strip.)

From DH's previous visits to this hotel the food is pricy and not any good...so he packed poptarts for breakfast and will be heading out for all his meals. There's a place near his hotel that serves a $1.99 breakfast 24/7 that he plans to have a few times while he is there...although I'm not sure why as his meals are reimbursed. I suppose it's the thrill of the deal. LOL!

Darly & I went to a class on how to knit a hat using a Knifty Knitter , it was a lot of fun...so much so that we went out and bought the kit you see in that picture! In our class Darly just made a headband (didn't finish making a hat) but I immediately started it back up to make a hat. I had to finish the hat at home but it came out great. Then I started another hat for myself...don't know what I'll do with the first hat...Darly is eyeing it though.

And after much delibration and a change in how to get more cookies, I've decided to end our cookie sales for this season. Darly surpassed her goal and in order to get to the next prize level would need to sell another 95 boxes. (the way they set up the prize levels is totally weird!!!) but anyway...so after I pick up the 4 boxes of cookies that were mine, but Darly sold them we will be done except for the paperwork. That shouldn't be too hard as I've done it before...I just need to make sure everyone turns in the money and that we pay for our cookies. Then we're done. And I think that I'll shop around for another person to do this job next year...maybe I'll help too.

That's about it...our week is looking empty except for gymnastics class. Oh yeah, I have no leftover dinner...oops! Looks like we'll have to go out again...bummer.

12 comments:

  1. I'd still go for the cheap breakfast if I were in Vegas. It's kinda like the thrill of the hunt!

    A quiet week sounds wonderful. I wish I had one.
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. A buck ninety-nine for breakfast?? Wow! I think I'd try it too! I'm glad your hubby made it in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're bored this week, you could travel around the country with cookies to sell. No, seriously. Just start with your blog roll. O:)

    (NOT that I need any more, as I don't. I'm still working on mine. But you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheap breakfast :D

    Cookie sales are over!! Hurrah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the knifty knitter class went well, I wish we could have been there.

    What class is dh teaching in Vegas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. $1.99 breakfast sounds like quite a deal. Will we be seeing a picture of the hat you made?

    As far as cookies go...definitely have someone else in charge next year...after all, you want to share the fun:~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheap breakfast is good and you can fill up so you don't always have to have lunch lol.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a great deal for breakfast! I love breakfast, anyways!! My husband avoids expensive hotel breakfasts too, although he gets that reimbursed.
    Too bad you have to go out to dinner again ::wink, wink::

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize baggage claim to so long there! I guess I've never really stayed long enough to check anything in. The house must be quiet with DH there.

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to make time to knit again! I still haven'tt finished rascal's birth day banket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you enjoyed the knifty knitting class! Knitting on the loom is fun, isn't it?

    After the class, M was inspired and finished his hat (after I fixed the holes) and now he's working on a scarf. It's slow going but he has lots of time to finish it before Fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the breakfast sounds like a great idea....it's all in the hunt for a deal.....perfect...

    ReplyDelete