Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well what has been going on here?

not a whole lot. Our week has been relatively slow compaired to normal...in fact looking at my calendars (I have two on the wall March & April) April looks much more busy than March.

Sunday was a unit test for my Sunday School class...only 8 kids showed up. Although we did run into one girl and it turned out that because her mother's Sunday School class wasn't meeting (they do that between units) she figured that the kids weren't meeting either. So it looks as if I'll be giving the test to the rest of the kids when they return from their 1 Sunday Easter break. Wondering if I should grade the tests for the 8 who did show up. Oh and one girl didn't know the answers to the only two fill in the blank questions "because I wasn't here that week." See me rolling my eyes as they two questions were on the 23rd Psalm verse 1 and the 51st Psalm verse 10. If she had done the homework she would know them...the homework for that week was to study for the test. What kills me on the 51st Psalm is that we sing that EVERY WEEK in worship. Okay I'll quit about that...

Monday we went to our friend's house for a St Patricks Day party. That went really well. Loads of yummy foods and lots of good visiting. The girls played quietly downstairs and hardly bothered us at all.

EXCEPT for Darly coming to me when she got hungry, instead of going to the kitchen where all the food was and helping herself. I don't know what was up with that. Weird kid...brain must have disconnected. The only meal I make for her at home is dinner.

Yesterday we did pretty much NOTHING. Loads of reading going on. And Darly had gymnastics class. It looks as if the coach finally got around to filling out the evaluations that are like 2 weeks late on these kids. I'm looking forward to seeing how she did as she's had a different coach this session. If she has fallen back, I'm gonna be very disappointed as I haven't been all that happy with this coach. Her coach has a serious chatting problem...she spends way too much time with the girls on floor exercises because she is busy chatting with the other coaches. And then she spots Darly on stuff that I know Darly can do already...in fact Darly does them better w/o the spot. *eyeroll!* If her scores are low, I'm gonna be in the office looking for a meeting with the head coach. grumble grumble..."look out! Momma Bear approaches!" LOL!

Today Dh is home because he has a doctor's appointment to check how his new medications are working. He finished up his class yesterday and passed, so that's a huge relief. I hope that he is able to start and finish our taxes as he hasn't even looked at them (no, I'm not allowed to look at them as he doesn't feel I can do them at all. LOL! can't wait until I have to do them myself, that should be fun...NOT!)

sorry to bore you all with this post...if my life gets exciting, I'll be sure to let you know.

FOR HEATHER: My Beer story

When I was about 3 years old my mom thought it would be a good idea for my dad & me to spend some time together...bonding and such! My father had plans to go fishing...alone! So against his will he puts me in the truck and off we go. We get to the lake and get in the boat with his cooler and the fishing gear. And we're fishing...well he is...I'm pulling things like sticks up into the boat. We're out in the middle of the lake, it's hot and sunny. We've been out there who knows how long and he popps open a beer and takes a drink. I'm hot and thirsty...all he has to drink is beer. He gives me the beer, I spit it out and he gets all mad that I spit out good beer. i don't know how much longer we stayed out there, but I was hot and thirsty the entire time.
Ever since then I've hated the taste of beer.
When Dh & I were dating we went to Busch Gardens and stopped by the hospitality house...they give out free samples of beer. He picks out a "really mild" one for me to try. I spit that out too!
Flash now to my last beer EVER... it was at my wedding. There is this tradition in Dh's family where the bride & groom have to chugg a beer. DH promised that my glass would have champaigne since he knows I hate beer...well we get there and mine is beer. probably on purpose, the one who finished chugging first is supposed to wear the pants in the family. Well I can chugg with the best of them and of course I won...then I marched straight off to barf up that vile stuff...but I didn't really barf it up. My mom reminded me that I might get it on my dress. So I spent the next hour feeling like I was ready to hurl. Oh and there was never any chance of DH wearing the pants in this family...LOL!

7 comments:

  1. Hhahaha that's a very funny story! Wolfie once had a taste of diet coke when it was hot and he was thirsty and he went running away from it like it bit him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. I remember that story... So What will happen to Toby then? he liked it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are enjoying a little down time. LLB is home sick and spent yesterday reading. Finished 2 books that I just purchased at the book fair. Fortunately, she has a couple of library books left to read.

    Our March is busy busy and our April looks okay. I'm trying to keep it quiet.

    Don't let that coach get away with anything. You are paying good money to send Darly there. Let your inner Bear out!

    Have a good day!!
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing in Sunday School. I'm guessing that's a Catholic thing? We heathens (also known as non-denominationals) went to Sunday school and made crafts. ;) You guys sure crack the whip!

    I hate beer, too. I didn't have the traumatic experience with it that you did, but it tastes vile. I prefer fruity, girly drinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. grampie gived mommy some gin by mistake when she was 7. he also gotted mad that she wasted good gin (and a glass) when she threw it in the sink screaming that he was poisioning her. she hates gin now. mommy says you should haf hurled on DH at the wedding. after winning the chugging contest. then HE would nefur forget who wears the pants!

    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may think that this week was slow, and I guess for your standards it was...but sheesh...you sure had a lot going on! That was one very funny beer story...well not the wanting to barf and hurl part...but the rest was funny:~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the beer story :)

    We did a poll when I was in college for one of my journalism courses. Those of us whose fathers had let us taste beer at a young age rarely drank it. Those kids who snuck into liquor cabinets when their parents were out of town at like 13 the first time they ever had any alcohol, love beer.

    Scientific, no, but still interesting.

    There is a picture of my nephew holding a beer can (mine actually: it was the only one I drank that day) from my college graduation party. It's adorable. (And yes, I made sure there was nothing left it in before I let him chew on the lip.)

    ReplyDelete