Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ice Update

Well I've signed Darly up for Ice skating lessons at the district ice rink. She'll start next Monday. I decided to go for the evening lessons even though I would prefer for her to go during the day since she can start right away instead of waiting until summer for the daytime lessons.

I figure if she likes this and wants to continue that we'll be at level 3 by the time summer comes around.

And Carmen mentioned to just put her on skates and let her learn by falling on her butt...we've done that route. She would like to learn more now.

If she likes this, I'll start looking for skates for her. We have a friend who should be a pretty good resource for where to find good skates. I have noticed that if I get the right size that the rental skates are pretty good, so I'm not going to worry about skates too much yet.

And for some excitement this morning. I was starting this post when I heard a siren barely on and a very large vehicle coming up to my street (I live near the corner). I opened my blinds in time to see a fire truck followed by a police cruiser going up my street. I ran upstairs to see if I could watch everything from our only real front facing windows and it turns out that I could. The fire truck stopped in front of a neighbor's house across the street and a few houses up. There was already an ambulance parked there and another police cruiser.

I told Darly that I hoped for L's (the wife) sake that it wasn't K (the husband) again. Unfortunately it was! Since we have lived here I do not think that K has "been able" to work because he keeps getting into accidents. See K is one of those adrenalin junkies and is pretty clumsy too. First he messed up his back then almost as soon as he was cleared to go back to work, he messed up his leg. I don't know if he was ever back to work after the leg thing, but now there is the current problem. The paramedics took him out of the house on a stretcher. K was alert and talking so I think that he just hurt his back again. I'm sure that someone will fill me in on the story later (small street ;) ).

I just feel so sorry for L as she has been supporting this family (who seem to have pretty expensive tastes in boy toys) since I've known them. I know that I wouldn't be happy to keep supporting such an expensive habbit.

6 comments:

  1. A clumsy adrenaline junkie is no good. Me, I'm just clumsy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing about your neighbors accident proneness, certainly puts everything else into perspective! As my mother always says..."As long as you have your health, that is what is important."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great skating plan. Who knows, she may be a natural!

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she has a wonderful time ice skaing, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice skating sounds like fun. You'll have to let me know how it goes, my kids might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I was kidding about the falling, right? :)

    She'll be doing pirouettes in no time!

    ReplyDelete