Monday, March 24, 2008

My Easter Tale

well first we attempted to go to bed early on Saturday night. We were suposed to go to bed at 9pm but didn't actually get there until about 9:30...sure beats when Darly & I normally go to bed around 1am.

So I'm tossing and turning a bit but eventually sleep comes...and the next thing you know Darly is in my room complaining that she can't sleep! I tell her it isn't my problem...and it takes me another good half hour to an hour to go back to sleep.

Since I knew I would be having to get up early it was a fitfull night for me...I beleive that I woke up at least twice to use the bathroom. I then woke up 5 minutes before the alarm was set to go off. But determined to cram as much rest in as I could I went back to rest instead of getting up.

5:10 the alarm goes off. I hop in the shower.

I don't know exactly when the Easter bunny showed up

I came downstairs and let out Lilly and got my coffee going. I also started getting my hair done.

Dh got up to get his shower at 6:30 and that woke Darly up. She came down in her PJs with two eggs in her hands. I told her that she needed to get dressed first. So she came back dressed in virtually no time at all. I had to remind her to comb her hair.

While she was hunting eggs, I went back upstairs to iron my dress. Luckily the dress was linnen so I could just blast it with a hot iron.

DH for some reason thought that Church service began at 8:30. Okay I understand his reasoning...but it aint so. The service we normally attend begins at 10:30. So he realizes that instead of having plenty of time we are now running late. So we zip off to Church and are suprised to find that there is plenty of parking...although the spots closest to the doors are full. Unfortunately my shoes were not meant for walking and let me know this almost immediately!

I had Darly off to the pastor because she had to acolyte and it was her first time. At that time it seemed as if there might be enough room in the Church for Darly & the Assoc Pastor to sit near us during the sermon, but that quickly changed. Spots filled up quickly.

Darly's very cute Easter dress was covered by an Acolyte robe that was too long for her...she stepped on it every time she had to climb stairs, but other than that she did an awesome job at being an Acolyte. She lit the candles and didn't set anything else on fire. She carried the cross and got it in the stand without making a loud noise, and she carried the offering plates just like a pro!

It was a wonderful service and the message was awesome, as always. Pastor remarked that for the prayer vigil we had over 122 prayer requests. I'm not sure how those who pray during the vigil do it, but I'm sure glad that they do.

A lady who sat near us remarked that Easter was not a service that they should have used a first-timer for, but Darly did a great job. I am hoping that perhaps the Pastors will talk with the Acolyte coordinator about using a more experienced person next year...hopefully that doesn't mean Darly again. *eyeroll!* A friend with older children lamented to me that since hitting acolyte age that her child has had to fill in numerous times when the scheduled acolyte didn't bother to show up. I sure hope that doesn't happen to Darly...I know that she can do it. I just get perturbed that others leave it without scheduling their own replacements. I'm also hoping that the next time Darly is scheduled to acolyte that she has grown taller so the robe fits her. lol

After the service we had fun trying to get our coats from the cloak room as it is in the same room as the pancake breakfast. DH wanted to go to the breakfast but Darly & I weren't really hungry...and Darly was anxious to get back to her egg hunt!

So we get home and changed and the egg hunting resumes. I'm not sure but I believe that DH & I helped fined at least 1/2 the eggs and one basket that included her long awaited Webkinz. I had to go get the basket with the chocolate bunny (she has about 6 baskets to find!) because when I mentioned that the door to the china cabinet was open DH said that it was open the previous day...so Darly ignored it!!!

There's no way to know if Darly found all the eggs. Luckily we do not use real eggs so there won't be any smell.

After noon we packed up our leftover dinner from Saturday night to take to MIL's house for dinner. I had made Ham, potatoes in cheddar cheese sauce and aparagus...they all reheated perfectly and it was like having a regular dinner w/o so much work! MIL was tickled since she got a lovely Easter dinner and all she had to do was make a pie.

As we were sitting down to dinner we teased that the phone should be ringing any time now as SIL almost always calls when we are having our dinner...but she didn't call. Someone else did call (I forget who now) and SIL's call did not come until after dessert. MIL had great fun telling both her daughters how she had a "catered" Easter dinner.

I ate way too much food! MIL sent home pie with us...I guess my diet won't begin until that's gone as I cannot resist Creme De Mint pie! Oh and there were a few times where I was VERY TEMPTED to have a Pepsi. I am just used to having one at MIL's house and it didn't help that DH & Darly had left theirs on the table. But I was a very good girl and stuck to just water!!! YAY ME!

We went to bed at 12 and I slept in until 9:30 today...wo do not need to be anywhere until 1pm.

I do hope that you and yours had a Wonderful Ressurection Sunday! Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

7 comments:

  1. Actually I do know when the Easter Bunny showed up but Darly sometimes reads my blog. DH did wake up while I took my shower and started the hiding process...and I joined in after I showered. We had it all done in about 20 minutes and DH got to go back to bed for about an hour...while I had coffee and got my hair done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So she reads the posts but not the comments? :)

    I laughed about her not starting anything else on fire: good to hear! For Christmas Eve service a couple of years ago, my Dad went up to help take the candles around to start the process of lighting the entire congregations' candles. He forgot the candle. So I tossed it to him... and hit some poor man in the head. *blush* Thankfully it was NOT lit and he was a good sport about it. Said as a youth minister (visiting his family) he'd had a lot of stuff thrown at him over the years, but that was his first candle.

    Wow, Darly is spoiled with all those Easter baskets!!! Hope she realizes how lucky she has it with all her bunny friends ;) I didn't get a single piece of Easter candy this year. (Unless the four M&M's I pilferred from Hunter while playing with his dinosaurs count just because they were pastel colored.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get used to filling in on the acolyte rotation. My #1 got stuck almost every Sunday over the summer as did LLB. Now, they don't like to go to church when they aren't scheduled because they end up filling in.

    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. What... no pictures?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a pretty busy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Darly's got herself a job. I tagged Darly for a book meme, if she wants to play. Rules at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My healthy eating sort of took a holiday this weekend, too. But what was I gonna do, just shake my head when someone offered me a piece of pie like some psycho?

    Sounds like Darly had a fun Easter. I miss hunting eggs. Ah, high school.

    ReplyDelete