Friday, March 28, 2008

Scattered!!!

oooh I HATE this time of year!

Darly's birthday is coming up. First that means that I have to get her homeschooling paperwork done and turned in so we aren't considered truant. That's not a big deal really...I just have to get off my duff and do it.

Next comes the fun of planning Darly's party. She wants a Webkinz party with a sleepover. So today I had her decide what all she wants to do for her party. One of the kids she is inviting has food allergies, another one is a picky eater and the last child while not picky doesn't care for pizza...but I don't think the allergic child can have pizza anyway, so maybe that isn't a big deal. I emailed the allergic child's mom and I have to wait to hear back from her about what foods she can have to plan the menu.

And then when to have the party. Since we all homeschool, we don't have to have the party on a weekend...but there is the issue of DH getting enough sleep if we do it on a week day. So I've got an email in to DH to see if he was planning to take off for Darly's birthday. If he is then we can do the party on the day before her birthday and it won't matter about the sleep thing. update: DH emailed me back. NOPE! DH can't take off for her birthday. He wanted to take off for her birthday, but something came up at work. He says we can do the party then anyway, but I'm gonna try for another date first. He's such an awesome dad & husband.

But if we do the party on a Friday night (so DH can sleep) then I have to wait until my friend decides which Saturday she is going to reschedule her coop class that we signed up for. Hummm I could do the party on the original date of the coop....oh CRUD! no I can't, DH has to work that Saturday. hummm

Are you totally confused by all of this yet???

now for even more scatterbrain-ness...

My Brother & SIL are expecting their second child any time now. (SIL has already served my new nephew with his eviction papers! hee hee) My brother thought it would be a great idea for my Mom to be here for the birth...but she couldn't stay at his house since his MIL will be there...so Mom was going to stay with me. I hadn't heard any updates on when Mom was coming so I emailed my brother. Turns out that brother has now decided to wait until June to bring her out here. YAY! I get a reprieve until June. Darly might be at Girl Scout camp then, but I don't have to clean my house until June (don't tell DH that! hee hee!)
Then they are planning on having the baby baptized in July up in Aspen. that's fine except July is prime camping weather. But it's far enough out that nothing is planned yet. SIL is working out the baptisim date...so hopefully we'll have that all worked out soon.

So we can all keep it straight...

I need to file Darly's homeschool paperwork by April 1st. DONE!
My new Nephew will be here soon - he's due next week.
Darly's birthday is on the 15th - don't know when the party will be yet.
Friend is trying to reschedule a coop class that we want to take.
oh crud!
I have to set up the next coop schedule for April. glad that I just now remembered that. DONE!
Need to find out if Darly's friend can go to Girl Scout camp so we can get our paperwork for that turned in and see when we will be going to camp. DONE! Just need to drop it off by the GS office tomorrow.
June - Mom is coming
June - trying to schedule camping trips
July - new nephew (yet to be named) will be baptised.
Dec - have lunch with Ladybug! excited about that.

9 comments:

  1. There...see...once you put it all down in a list-type way, it all seems organized, doable, and not so overwhelming:~)

    When will you have a birthday ticker for Darly's birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I get an invite this year?!?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to add one more line:
    Dec - meet up with Ladybug for lunch in Colorado.

    xoxo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah I don't know how you keep track of it all!! Do you have a big calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're going to have a lot of "family time" coming up! Have fun!

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I thought managing MY calendar was tricky. :)

    Happy birthday to Darly, btw. Please tell her for me.

    How does one have a Webkinz party, I wonder? Do you pin the tail on a Webkins online? Do you have a Webkinz cake? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, your post is making me tired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, busy times at your house! Glad to see you're making progress on your to-do list.

    RYC- unfortunately, no... I don't know of anything that a horse can chew on to keep his teeth from growing points. It's a bite problem... Hmmm, maybe we need horsey orthodontia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I need some rest now after reading your post, you busy one!!

    ReplyDelete