K. I'm sitting here at the computer doing my usual morning routine of visiting all my email accounts, and checking the blogs and the most important thing...drinking my breakfast (aka coffee).
and somewhere along the way my body is saying..."more coffee please" and I'm in the middle of reading something so I'm responding... "okay, I'll get up and get another cup in a minute."
Yeah, I'm crazy...so what?
So finally I get up to refill my cup of coffee...only to look in my cup and notice that there's still about half a cup in there! but since I let it set there...it's now cold. :(
see the statement above!
I got a few tags...I'll take care of them here...
I was tagged by Joan over at The Erstwhile Librarian for this little meme today and I thought I'd give it a whirl.
What you are supposed to do is copy/paste my post, remove my answers and type in yours and then tag four people in your lists! Don't forget to change my answers to the questions with those of your own.
Four places I go over and over
Four people who e-mail me regularly
* My friend Jen
* My friend Heather
* My friend TC
* and a bunch of "friends" who want to sell me stuff! ha ha (I have other friends who email me too, but I couldn't resist putting something funny...and besides these folks who think I need a bigger __________ email me much more often.)
Four of my favorite places to eat
* MIL's house
* and my two most favorite restaurants went out of business. :(
* Dh & I are now looking for a replacement celebration restaurant...we're open to suggestions...looking for a casual, quiet place.
Four places you'd rather be
* Someplace warm - like the beach
* Someplace cozy - like a cabin in the woods with a fireplace
* Someplace snuggly - like in a hug
* Someplace fun - like in a pen of puppies who are all trying to get to my face. hee hee
Four TV shows I could watch over and over
* Good Eats
* Dirty Jobs
* America's Funniest Videos
Four people I'm tagging
* Oops! I don't do that! But if you wanna...feel free!
And then Heather tagged me for this one...
The object is to tell you 6 things about me you MAY NOT KNOW... but like Heather, I blog which means my life is usually an open book. So this is gonna be pretty hard to come up with...
1.) I'm very lazy. (are you in shock?) I know I post a bunch of stuff that we do around here, but honestly when it comes to the day to day of taking care of the house and such...I hate it and let it slide as much as possible. So I get pretty irritated with things like DUST! What the hey is up with dust? I mean, you clean and it should stay clean if you don't do anything to get it dirty...but NO! there is Dust that comes up and dumps all over your nice clean surface...so you have to clean it again and again. Needless to say...I let it pile up. My friend Jen has a wonderful sign in her house that says something like "admire my dust, but please don't write in it." I need that sign. (hint hint Jen...you could cross stitch it for me!)
2) While I'm pretty computer savy...I can't for the life of me get used to things like a palm pilot or scheduler. I'm pretty sure that my cell phone has a calendar in it...but I have no idea how to use it. I bought a electronic scheduler...it's in a box around here somewhere. :p I have tried those free online schedulers...ummm no go! The one even had the ability to transfer all my appointments from it's calendar to my Outlook calendar...and I'm thinkin "why not just put it on the Outlook calendar and forget the online version?" I ended up deleting it within about a week. I wasn't using the Outlook anyway. sigh So I have 5 paper calendars. Two are here in my office... the one is on this month and the second one is on next month so I can keep up with 8 weeks at a time. Then there are two in the kitchen...one of those is a week by week dry erase calendar that the weeks move up (note to lazy self to go update that one!) and a regular calendar that I use to update the dry erase one. (I took pictures of all of them once...so that isn't something you don't know...it's the I can't use the electronic version that's new news.)
3) my office is a bunch of piles of information that look very much like clutter! I don't know how many piles of stuff that DH has laying round here, but his piles are all on top of filing cabinets that he needs to put the piles into (but I suspect his filing cabinets are full). Then there are my piles...and Darly's piles. I went through a bunch of her stuff the other day and found a lot that could be tossed. she likes to save bits of paper for future crafts...it drives me nutzo. I have tons of scraps of paper laying around with notes on it. some of it still relavant some not...some important with unimportant stuff mixed in. ARGH!
4) wholy smoly...what else is there that you don't know about me? How about this? I like to be HOT! In the summer I'll go sit on the back porch in the sun and read until I just can't take it anymore. In the winter I'll bundle up and sit in front of either a fire or in the sunny spot of the window with the blinds open...and I'll stay there until I'm roasting. I can't stand the cold and I can get pretty cranky about it too. Course if my ears get cold, I get a headache...so that's a good reason to be cranky...right?
5) I can't believe I made it to 5. You know how most kids grow up with an idea of what they want to be when they grow up? Well I never had that. I didn't even really have any idea of what I wanted to do with my life when I went to college. I just kind of floated along. I majored in the subject that I got the best grades in, but there was no career in that field that interested me. And even now I don't know what it is that I want to do. I know that I have 8 more years of this homeschooling gig, but after that...who knows?
6) okay, no one else tag me with one of these kind of memes cuz I have run out of things to tell you about me! There is seriously nothing else in my life that you don't know. why do I tell you all this stuff anyway?