Friday, February 27, 2009

Good Google, BAD Google!

Good Google: I recently discovered through a friend that there is a feature you can get with your gmail account where you can have multiple inboxes for your gmail account. What you do is assign labels to your different emails and then choose to have those emails have their own inbox. You have to go to Google Labs to get it cuz it is still in beta, but I really love it and hope that I get to keep it.

I get a lot of emails regarding my reviews and using the different inboxes helps me keep everything straight...I can put emails regarding products I'm waiting to get in one box and move them to the post review box once I get the product. It is working very well for me!

BAD Google: I used to love my Google toolbar's AutoFill feature. I could use AutoFill just about everywhere to automatically fill in forms and such. But when they upgraded the toolbar to level 5 they decided to not have AutoFill work for login boxes anymore. :( I don't even know if the AutoFill works for anything else because I use it mostly for log-ins. So I'm not a happy camper. The bad part is that I took toolbar 5 off my computer and put 4 back on, but 5 kept reloading to my computer. I finally got tired of reloading 4 and deleting 5...so now I'm just not happy. And I guess what really upsets me is that one Google guy said that they didn't know what was causing the problem and would fix it. But I read on another page that they did it on purpose to work better with Internet Explorer. It is not making me work better!!!

8 comments:

  1. OK...now you've reminded me why sometimes my ignorance of most things techno is a good thing :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I get used to how gmail is, and then google goes and changes it on me. I don't like it when things get "wonky." Not all the changes they implement are GOOD changes.

    Good to see you hanging out on your blog for once ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TC- HAHA!

    I don't have a gmail account so I don't know about all this. However, I am a fan of Google. I always Google stuff- recipes, questions, stalk people, ect. It works well for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that they took the google search box out of Gmail. Well, you can still use it to search you inbox, but the option to search the internet is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish it was ALL autofill. Like, it would just know what I was thinking and fill in the boxes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Google can be hit or miss :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgKUAMHM3A

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time out: OK Chick, how can you not have a gmail account? How did you get around having to have one when google did that big switcheroo a few years ago where you had to have a google account to sign in to blogger? I wish I'd been able to get around it!

    ReplyDelete