Monday, November 07, 2005

Christmas & DH RANT

I like to have ALL of my Christmas shopping done BEFORE Thanksgiving. Why? Because shopping after Thanksgiving is a mad house and I like to avoid all places of commerce during this time. When did Christmas become such a pain???

Anyway. So I show DH some of the items that Darly wants. And he says that he thinks I should scale things back a bit. Okay, how so? He says that we should have some sort of budget. Okay, how much? He says he doesn't know, just not as much as last year... He doesn't need 7 presents. But he inferred at first that I shouldn't get so much for Darly this year either.

I guess this is all coming from last year when I finally figured out some good things that he NEEDED* (more on that later) and bought all of them. So he looked like a shmuck when I got him way more than he got for me.

NEEDED: DH won't tell you what he wants for a gift...EVER! You have to listen really carefully. And if he didn't ask for it and he doesn't NEED something, he won't use it at all...it will just sit there (unless I return it.)

So I still have no idea how much or how many gifts I'm ALLOWED to buy this year and time is ticking away.

Why won't this man say what he is thinking??? Why does he have to make gift giving such a pain? BTW: I have no idea what to get for him this year. The closest thing I have is a replacement watch because he lost the watch that I gave him for our first anniversary on the trip to MS...but he hasn't given up hope on finding it again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm about halfway done shopping for my kids and b/c I have a bit of the anal retentive bug I made an excel spreadsheet of what I had bought, what I planned to buy, gifts for them to share, etc. And then totalled it all up. I'm determined to stick with the budget this year. Even if it kills me. And it might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a spreadsheet too... but it needs some work. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:00 PM

    men, grrrrrr
    i've started my christmas shopping but i'm about to get serious. i've got my spreadsheet started on what i've bought, but i have to sit down and really think about what i need to buy. i also like to preshop, get out and have a look around and get some prices, before i start to buy. it's really just another excuse to go to the mall;)

    ReplyDelete