Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thursday thirteen! these weeks are going by wayyyy too fast for me!


Thirteen Things about Renée


Edited to add: I figured out that I wasn't showing up on my list of other TT's so I've edited my title to see if that helps... wish me luck!

1. It seems like I just did this yesterday...or maybe it was the day before that, or the day before that.

2. Loving the new purple code for this... can't wait to see the whole thing. I'm a purple loving person. As a kid I had two purple bedrooms (not at the same time!) My DH won't let me have a purple bedroom anymore because he doesn't want one.

3. I also love rabbits. I only have two live ones (and it's better that way) but I collect pictures, figurines, and yard art. And it may be silly but when I see live wild rabbits anywhere I believe that I'll have a good day. Hasn't failed me yet! =;3

4. Today was super crazy busy. I had a field trip for my homeschool coop... it wasn't so great. The place had a bunch of stuff closed down for repairs & winter...but failed to let anyone know this. Then we headed to a regular homeschooling field trip. That one was much more fun. Then I had a homeschooling board meeting. My kid should know everything by now...hee hee

5. According to my counselor, I homeschool because I'm a control freak. NOPE! I homeschool because I want my kid to live... I homeschool because of Columbine which is not too far away from where I live. I also homeschool because I believe I can do a better job of teaching her in her style of learning and because she can do a better job on her own than the schools can provide. LOL

6. Darly my dear daughter went to her first slumber party on Saturday and had a great time. Made it the whole night and didn't miss us at all. :o( My baby is getting all grown up! She's 7.

7. Dh left for Vegas this morning. Hopefully he brings me home some money. That would be nice for Christmas. And I hope that he comes home w/o his cold too...he's been sick for like forever!

8. Hey! I was just reading over #5 above and realized that my counselor gives me such grief for projecting my feelings onto others... assuming that they must feel this way; but I just realized that by his comments that he is projecting feelings onto me. Gotta call him out on that. He doesn't even begin to know who he's dealing with!

9. Darly had a science fair this past week. For her experiment we choose the air pressure one where you get a peeled hard boiled egg to drop into a thin necked bottle. Well all of our trial eggs got fed to the dog, because no one here likes hard boiled eggs. When I went to make up another batch of hard boiled eggs, the dog started licking her lips!

10. I've been cleaning the house (well DH & Darly helped too) because MIL is coming over tomorrow night to watch Darly on Saturday for me. DH did a lot of the cleaning. I'm not sure if he did it because he wanted it done right for MIL; he did it because he wanted to be sure I let him go to Vegas; or he did it because he cares about me and wanted to help me out. Hummm? I'm sure he'll only admit to the last option.

11. Darly is trying to get her reading program finished up... I just found her asleep on the couch with a book on her chest. So sweet!

12. Oh goodie! My hold on the newest "Series of Unfortunate Events" is ready for me to pick up. I don't know when I'll get to read it, but I wanna.

13. Tomorrow we have another field trip, MIL is coming and I have to make something for a potluck lunch on Saturday... pray for me. :D

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Mar
2. Better Safe Than Sorry
3. Jen
4. Texas_Ivy10
5. The lady who started this all...Leanne
6. Audra
7. uzicue
7. Jessica
8. Star
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 comments:

  1. You sound very, very busy! and homeschooling too, it's interesting to read about this. I linked you, here are my 13 things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:41 AM

    homeschooling wasn't so much of a thing for us here, but we had a shooting at a high school in the area wednesday morning, makes you wonder.
    i love colour purple, i want to redo the master bedroom and was thinking of rich colours, purple, gold, deep green, they just look so good together. i think my husband would be ok with it, right now it's burgandy and green and he doesn't mind those.
    i'm adding to you my links as well, even though i posted early, i still got around to everybody pretty late in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He needs to come hang out with some homeschooling parents and see how out of control our lives feel sometimes, "You poured what down the drain? Your science experiment? And now it's 'erupting?!!' Hang on, I'll get to that as soon as I get whatever this is out of your brother's mouth...."

    Ack! Calgon, take me away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finally reading all of the 13's - wow, you homeschool! Good for you! I wish I had what it took to do that. Public schools make me crazy.

    We had a purple bedroom for the girls for 9 years, we just changed it to bubble-gum princessy pink!

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple! I used pink this week but I'll definately do purple next week. I like the Series of Unfortunate Events - we got the first two sets for my 8 year old for xmas last year. She didn't really take to it . . . in all honesty, I think I got it because I wanted it! Sheesh, I am just like my mother.

    ReplyDelete