Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Great big ol' waste of money!

I admit it, I fell for the ad! I went to the store and they were out of it, but called another store and had one sent over for me. They said it would be in on the 28th, it showed up on the 25th and they were annoyed with me for not rushing right in to get it.

I picked it up on the 28th, and set it up this morning. It's going back tomorrow if I can get it down.

Here's what it is: http://www.hallmark.com I removed the rest of this link in an effort to clear up what it is doing to my formatting. Look for the Illuminations Tree topper.

I suppose that part of the problem is that I just don't have the 2 to 3 feet of space between the top of my tree and the ceiling. But it so totally doesn't do what I was expecting and I don't feel it's worth $50! Thank goodness they threw in the power box for free! I thought it plugged into the extension cord.

I'll figure out something better. And it won't cost that much either!

3 comments:

  1. That would be awfully cool if it worked, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice...but not $50 nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: I took it off my tree this AM and took it into my bathroom to test it out.

    To get the kind of effect that I was looking for, I would need to put the star on a 4ft tree. I don't have a tree that short.

    I could try it on the foyer tree, but there is usually light shining through the foyer window that would obstuct the image...and who is gonna look up that high anyway?

    Oh well, I'll return it and get my $$ back. DH will be miffed when he sees how much I almost spent on this. :o

    ReplyDelete