Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Oops! I forgot to title my Thursday 13!


Thirteen Things about Renée


1. Okay, it’s almost Thursday here, so I’m gonna do this while I’m still up and thinking.

2. Today (Thursday) is my Mom’s Birthday. I sent her a card and ordered her some presents that should be there soon, but not in time for her b-day… bummer.

3. I need to try to call her. I just don’t know when or how that will happen.

4. I got an appointment to get my hair cut today. No idea what I’ll have them do to it… it needs color too, but I’m sure it’s still too damaged for that.

5. I looked at 3 different stores yesterday for some sort of dress to wear for Christmas this year and couldn’t find anything. Everything they had was either sleeveless (burr in CO!) or too frumpy for me. And stupidly I walked into Dillards…nothing good, but everything that was kinda okay was over $100! I’m not paying that much for sleeveless in December.

6. I may have to get a pattern and make my own dress. Look out folks! I can sew, when I have the time.

7. Wow, I’m only at #7. It’s been 2 weeks since my last 13 and I can’t think of much else to say… this is pitiful!

8. Thanksgiving went pretty well. There is still turkey in the frig, but no one will touch it…except DH says that he still wants it. I won’t serve it outta fear of killing him… but if he ticks me off….

9. I was bad, I peaked at the computer while DH was trying to shop for my Christmas present. He was looking at digital cameras. I would rather have the bunny picture that I put on my wish list bookmark.

10. I really really really need to call and get two more field trips set up for my Homeschooling group by tomorrow. I hate that I’m such a procrastinator!

11. Chic-fil-a had a pretty cool quiz on the kids meal bag today. Darly did pretty well on it with some help. I guess she doesn’t know the world quite as well as I though, but she can tell you where all the continents are and she got 2 of the 6 countries on her own. I just gave her extra clues for the other 4.

12. I took down the Hallmark star and tried it out in my bathroom this morning. It seems to work best from a height of 4 feet. So to get it to do what I wanted it for, I would have to either raise my ceiling or lower my tree. I took the star back and got my money back. The one lady was very nice and no problems. The other lady (older) was asking “are all the parts in here and the directions?” while she’s digging in the box to make sure. What a crab!

13. I don’t feel too bad about not calling my mom because she doesn’t call me and she doesn’t call her mom either. We’ve got a totally weird family. When I do call her, I know she’ll just hog the conversation. She doesn’t have a working computer because it got a virus and they haven’t bothered to get that fixed… oh bother!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Lisa
2. Running2Ks
3. Jen
4. deejay
5. barbara
6. Leanne
7. Chickadee
8. sallwood
Okay, I got lazy
2. the toothfairy
3. Jennifer's World
4. squashedtoad
5. uzicue
6. Holly
8. Veronika
9. bone
10. Sheri & SuZan
11. Audra
12. Sally
13. Katy
14. Rock Bitch
15. Mommy D
16. Tommi



(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 comments:

  1. Ha! You have a post on regifting...that was one of my 13's today. I have a friend who is in a Secret Santa at work, and her boss has her name...yesterday, the boss regifted to my friend some candy that she received on Monday! The person who gave the boss the candy saw it on my friend's desk and they put 2 and 2 together. Isn't that just wrong?!

    Here's my 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to post pictures of the new 'do? You totally should :)

    Here's mine:
    http://running2ks.blogsome.com/2005/12/01/13-memories-about-the-holiday-season/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just threw our leftovers away (some other blogger told me to, and you know how I am!)

    Seriously, I was thinking about doing it anyway, and when I looked in the fridge there was something spilled all down the back so I hauled it all out and took it apart and cleaned it.

    I'd tell you how long it's been since I did that, but I want you to still be my friend...

    I'll go link to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wanna see the "do" too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to Catch Up: Thursday Thirteen - Places I've Lived

    Happy Birthday to Mom.
    Happy Birthday to Mom.
    Happy Birthday dear Mom.
    Happy Birthday to Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. SOMETIMES Dillards will have a good bargain on a dress. I've bought two dresses over the years that were marked down to 40 bucks. You just gotta go at the right time.

    I like your blog. I'll be back!

    http://www.danno.org/blogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have the same problem when shopping. I'm not huge, but am bigger and apparently you can't buy a plain black skirt unless there's a great big neon green flower on it. Penny's never lets me down though. Nice, classic stuff, without the journey through Seahag Frumptown.

    Here's my 13:
    www.myown2feet30.blogspot.com

    Thanks for coming by and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Renee!

    I hope you like your new "do"??

    Today is "stuff Turkey day leftovers down the garbage disposal" day here. I kept the turkey thinking that our dog would appreciate it more than I would at this point! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Renee! Thanks for linking me! I'm just getting around to reading other TT's.
    I say make your own dress - if you have the time. It's more personal that way, and you can make it in the colors that you like. Can't wait to see a picture of you and your new 'Do!
    :)

    ReplyDelete