Friday, December 09, 2005

He's so sweet....

After all the bitching I did about DH, I thought it might be high time to give him a little of the praise that he deserves.

Lately due to the temperature not going over 0 degrees here in CO our garage door opener has been slacking on the job. Mainly that it doesn't do 50% of it's job...it won't close the door!

So on Monday, I was taking Darly to her gymnastics class and DH was on the computer (Christmas shopping?). Darly & I get into the car and start to back out...and DH comes walking quickly into the garage in his practically bare feet. At first I thought that he was coming to tell us something, but he waves us out of the garage. I back out and see that DH is reaching up to grab at the garage door. We've found that to get the garage door to close in this cold that we have to grab the door and help it down. Awwwww isn't he sweet? He came out in his socks to help me get the door shut so I wouldn't have to get out of the car.
When we returned from gymnastics DH was in the garage on the ladder trying to figure out why it isn't working propperly... we think it's just the cold because it works fine if it warms up.

Then last night Darly & I returned home late from baking cookies at SIL's house and DH comes running out again in his socks to help close the garage door. Too sweet! I've gotta find something really special to give him from Santa. Don't know what though.

Your ideas are welcome, but remember I'm looking for a gift from SANTA that will be opened in front of Darly. I can take care of all the gifts from me myself. ;o)

Hummm... maybe a pair of slippers to leave by the door so he won't have to run out in his socks to help me close the door? Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. and a nice robe too. That guy is sooooo sweet. You are a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you ARE a lucky girl. The slippers sound nice. How about a back rub too? When you have someone as special as he, you've got to let him know every minute of the day!
    Thanks for visiting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys are so hard to buy for.

    Mine is always happy with anything car/truck related, or anything high tech. Oh, and MASH seasons on DVD.

    That was awfully sweet of him.

    ReplyDelete