Thursday, December 15, 2005

OOOOh lookie! it's Thursday 13!


Thirteen Things about Renée


1…. Oh goodie! It's Thursday again...well almost. I'm gonna monkey with the time of post again. ;o)

2. Pretty Please check out my Remember post below. I'm having so much fun with this and checking out other Remember posts too. It's so fun how creative we all are.

3. I have one of those Shiatsu (sp?) Massage pads in my computer chair, and I had it running. But it only goes for 20 minutes and apparently my time is up...bummer.

4. DH was supposed to be home today, but had to go to work for a meeting. Something must have come up at the meeting because he was supposed to stay home tomorrow too but now has to go in. This is a real bummer because these are "use it, or loose it" vacation days for him and he doesn't have too much time left to use them. He was supposed to also get my birthday off, but that got cancled and it's in January!

5. DH got a package on Tuesday from Dell. So I call him at work to ask where he would like me to put it. He says "Don't open it! It's not for you!" I say "Duh!" (which he hates) So we agree to just leave it on the counter with me not opening it. Tuesday was Teacher's Night Out for my homeschooling group and I'm REQUIRED ;o) to be there. So when I get home DH & Darly have wrapped up my Christmas gifts and put them under the tree...including the box that wasn't for me. hee hee! :D

6. So Darly insists that we wrap up DH's gifts today...right as he is due home from work and my hair is all wet from my new shower...so of course it looks terrible when DH gets home because we were wrapping up his gifts. We hear the garage and Darly jumps up to close the door...all the gifts are in boxes and while you know that they are clothes, you can't see what kind and DH is gonna figure out from the wrapped boxes that he got clothes... but anyway. So DH comes and knocks on the door, pretending like he wants to get in. ha ha.

7. Monday Darly & I had to help answer phones at Church. Darly went to help in the Pre-school. They like her down there...she's good with scissors ;o) I had lots of busy work to do while answering the phones and I got to learn how to get the Prayer Chain started... Not something that I really wanted to have to learn. :o(

8. Monday night was the Church's Women's Group potluck/ Christmas Party. I brought my pumpkin soup... and had a lot of fun. I drew for a new Secret Sister and she happened to be sitting at the same table with me. The soup I made can be made veggy/vegan... but I didn't have any veggy stock so I used chicken stock this time. I'm not a vegetarian, but after making this soup once w/o labeling it as not veggy I've learned my lesson and always post if it's veggy or not now.

9. I am officially done with all of my Christmas shopping. I still have wrapping to do, and I have to pick up one item...but everything is bought and paid for. :D And we sent out our Christmas cards, after Dec 1st but before now. But DH complained today that we sent them too early because now we are receiving cards and he doesn't have a chance to respond to them... NOPE! You are not gonna guilt me into waiting longer anymore. Next year I'm sending them DEC 1! bththth!

10. Today I ballanced 3 checkbooks and paid the bills for two of them and got deposits ready for two of them. (why does she have so many checkbooks?) I actually have more than just 3, but of the 3 I did today only one actually has any of my money in it. The other two were for LLL. I'm the treasurer for our state and for the group that I lead with. And which one didn't ballance at first? Mine! LOL! I had miscalculated one of the balances by $1 and had to go back to re-figure the whole thing. So I made a spreadsheet to do it for me...I love computers.

11. Mom called me today to ask if I got her package and to tell me that she found the product number for the pepper grinder that she wanted. Oh! I should tell you that story first.

12. Okay so I posted before that I had bid on Ebay for the pepper grinder that mom told me she wants for Christmas, and I asked that no one else go bid on it. Well I was keeping track of it every day, but skipped Dec 9th..got busy. I was the only one bidding on it. The auction ended on Dec 10th. The opening bid was $9.99 and the seller had a Buy it Now price of $11.99. Like I said, no one else was bidding, so I was winning at $9.99. I go back to check on it on Dec 10th and my bid has been errased and the auction ended. WHAT THE? So I email the seller and she writes back that the item was broken so she ended the auction. What about the second one that no one bid on??? I think what really happend is that the seller really wanted $11.99 for it.

13. So I bought the grinder from another seller and it's on it's way to Mom's house. So she calls me today to give me the product number and I tell her that the company doesn't carry it and Replacements Unlimited doesn't have it either...but she will have one cuz it's on it's way and it's actually only a few miles from where she lives. She's so happy! Dh says that I shouldn't have spoiled the suprize...but we don't opperate that way in my family.

Hey, that's 13! post your link and I'll come check you out!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. squashedtoad
2. ivoryfrog
3. Lisa
4. phoenix
5. Lazy Daisy
6. Kat
7. D
8. Running2Ks
9. Jennifer
10. laura
11. yellowrose
12. Jen
13. chickadee
14. sallwood
15. Veronika
16. bone
17. Prairierose
18. audra
19. Dawn N.
20. barbara
21. Karin
22. leanne
23. uzicue
24. Lisa @ The World..
25. deejay
26. tc
27. texas ivy
28. holly



(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Oh goodie! I woke up to lots of friends! :D


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE OR HOW TO DO THEM!



23 comments:

  1. Yah! Thirteen Thursday and I found another early (in the day) poster!

    Sounds like you have had a busy day. Congrats on getting all your Christmas shoppig done early!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting your christmas shopping done already. We have barely started cause we had a tricky situation with the finances for a while there! So I can get a few gifts in now, not gonna go crazy with it though.
    :-) I am so not prepared for christmas yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you have your shopping done! Woohoo! I wish I did - I can't rest until it is.

    eBay...sometimes you have good luck; other times I swear I'll never use it again. There are so many dishonest sellers on there that ruin it for the good ones!

    My 13

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not even started my shopping yet... but today that will change!

    Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are spending Christmas in New York City so decided not to exchange gifts but pool our money for sightseeing and a show.

    We are doing stockings though.

    Good for you with your shopping and cards. You sound very organized!

    come check out my 13
    http//lazydaisylog.grrrlmeetsworld.com?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job getting your shopping done so early. I am procrastinator extrodinaire when it comes to any kind of shopping.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom and I always told each other what we got for each other too... it's not the surprise that counts, it's the joy of giving and neither of us could wait! Can't wait to hear what was in the box that wasn't for you...

    my 13 is up at www.straddlingtheline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the gift wrapping. That is so cute. Bummer about DH's vacations being cancelled.

    My 13 are up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pumpkin soup sounds delicious...and a box from Dell never fails to impress me! :)
    My TT are up. I would love a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by today! :)

    I will be back!

    www.radicalmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't even come close to finishing my Christmas shopping!! Kudos to you for finishing!!

    Here's my 13:
    http://yellowrosesgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude, you're gettin' a Dell!

    I didn't get any checkbooks balanced yesterday, but your three should more than cover mine! Hee hee!

    My 13 is up!http://jenanddavin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thursday 13!

    We're almost done Christmas shopping. I might start wrapping presents tonight. I don't like wrapping stuff all at once. It makes me crazy.

    My 13 are up!

    http://www.danno.org/blogs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Renee, Great 13, I'm checking out the remembering game now.

    Here's my 13:www.myown2feet30.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm about half done with my shopping.

    Does the massage pad really work?

    Here's my thirteen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been busy! Chair massage sounds wonderful.

    But I have to know just what is a DH. Now I have seen it before so it's either a darling husband or a darn husband, which is it?

    my 13 are up on the blogroll
    Dawn @ Neville Farm

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so jealous that you got all your shopping done...lol! Today I got the shopping finished that had to be done by Saturday for the family party, so that made me feel a little bit better at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so organized!! I just finished putting our Christmas cards together today, haven't finished shopping - I'm a mess over here and Christmas is NEXT WEEK!

    I wonder what was in that Dell box...hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Golly, your household is very busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool that you found her grinder. Very awesome that you got all your shopping done.

    I did my Thursday Thirteen and my flashback friday.

    http://twistedcindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I quit ebay because I got addicted to it!
    Hopefully soon your DH will be able to use the vacation days before he loses them.
    I'll go do the Remember post since you said, "Pretty please" :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds pretty fishy to me (the Ebay thing)... did you leave her negative feedback? I would have, over something like that.

    So, hey! You get something from Dell for Christmas. Good for you!

    Going to read your Remember post now. Here is my Thirteen:

    http://plsa.blogspot.com/2005/12/thursday-thirteen-5.html

    ReplyDelete