Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I blogged too soon....

the craziness was NOT over.

Dec 24th we went to MIL's house for our usualy Christmas Eve celebration. That all went fine. We stayed at her house until 10PM! Wow I can't believe that, usually MIL is tried and ready for us to leave by 8PM (she's on medication that makes her tired) but I think that we were still eating at 8...so anyway we don't leave her house until 10pm. It takes an hour to get home and Darly is still awake. But we were glad for that because last year she conked out in the car only to be fully rested and ready to stay up all night to catch Santa.

So we get home and Darly gets ready for bed and everyone is in bed by 12. DH sets the clock for 5am for Santa to arrive.

Then DH wakes me up at 2:20AM to ask why the dog is whining. How should I know??? But I get up and let the dog outside. She runs around like crazy looking for a spot to potty and then runs back in.

Since I'm up, I start getting the Santa items to take them downstairs. DH shows up and helps. We get them all down, he puts Santa's cookies back in the package and gets rid of Santa's water...we were almost out of milk. Then he says that we need a letter from Santa...inferring that I should be the one to write it. Oh great! So I flip on the computer, intending to type it and print it out or Darly will notice that the handwriting is differnt from last year's letter and looks very much like my handwriting. DH apparently doesn't think that will work, so he starts writing the letter and leaves it. We head off to bed, but the dog is confused and starts barking for us to stay with her. I say in a not so nice voice that it is time for BED! And she gives up.

We go back to bed. DH turns off the alarm clock. I'm dead to the world and then all the sudden BEEP! It's 4:something AM. I jump out of bed. Okay, which one of these STUPID smoke detectors needs a new battery NOW? I watch the one over my bed (it seems to eat batteries and is on a vaulted ceiling where it can't be reached w/o a ladder) but no, it's not that one. Thank goodness. I go to the one in the hall right outside of the bedroom (notice that I am the one searching for this smoke detector!) and luckily it's that one. I grab a step ladder and remove it, remove it's battery and shove the offending smoke detector under a stack of towels in the closet because it still won't shut up. DH in his infinite wisdom says that the smoke alarm won't quit because it has a capacitor in it... I already know this because we have like a million of these stupid smoke detectors in our house and their batteries like to go off at all different annoying times.
So in a very frustrated voice I say to DH "Why do I always have do do EVERYTHING!" And he thanks me for taking care of it and says Merry Christmas. I tell him "Sorry, I'm not feeling very Christmassy right NOW." I am NOT very nice w/o sleep.

We go back to sleep and luckily are not awakened again until 7AM... but I need to get up so that we can do all the gifts and be ready to go to Church. We get all the gifts done and Darly wants to start putting together her Barbie Cali Girl Hawaiian Hotel set. We get it started, but I soon realize that we aren't going to get it complete and get to Church on time...so I quit and start to get ready. Darly of course is MAD and DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO CHURCH! So we have the whole "who's birthday is it anyway?" talk and she's still grumbling but we get going. Hey, I had to give up playing with my new stuff too!

Other than all of that it was a very very nice Christmas. I plan on posting what loot I got for my Thursday 13, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry for you. I'm just glad the holidays are over!

    ReplyDelete