Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter everyone!

I do wish for you all a very happy and blessed Easter. Sorry this is late...I've been busy enjoying it.

I started off the morning to a 7am wake up call from Darly who was all excited to see that the Easter Bunny had come! DH & I were not at all ready to get up so we teased Darly. "come take a nap with us." "oh I don't think the Easter Bunny really came, it's too early." etc... That lasted all of 5 minutes and then we got up. Darly wondered why DH had a t-shirt next to the bed already...he told her it was because he knew she would wake him up early.

She hunted for eggs for 45 minutes before I went back upstairs to take a shower. And then we all got ready for Church.

Oh! I should point out that it's freezing out and we had snow...not a little but a good 2 inches of it on the ground outside.

Darly & I decided that we would wear our Easter dresses anyway, because otherwise what was the use of getting them. So we put sweaters on over them...it actually turned out to be a good idea as the packed Church was warm...we could slip out of our sweater and be the right temperature.

At Church it was crowded of course but extra because the Youth Group has a Pancake breakfast...oh how good the Church smelled when we got there!!!!!!!! Warm syrup and sausage...yummy! But we didn't have any. *pout*

We picked out our seats and got all settled...and we got to watch the Children's choir practice for their part in today's service. It was pretty cute.

The Church service was very nice. Even with all the people there. I don't know why but it always amazes me how many people show up for Christmas and Easter. Although I was very pleased to see that many of the "new" faces I saw today were actually family of regular members.

After Church I decided that the syrup smell was too great and I pulled out our waffle iron. I don't know why, but my first two stuck to the iron. They were still very tasty as I had bits of them while baking them. hee hee And the two that didn't stick were very good too. I had mine with cherry jelly...I know you're thinking, what happened to the syrup? I was over it by the first bite of cherries! YUM!

After brunch (and Lilly got a waffle too!) I was going to bake pretzles, but we didn't have all the ingredients. Bummer. We'll go shopping tomorrow so we can make them soon. DH was bummed as he wanted to roll some too. Oh well, eating is just as much fun. Hummm...maybe I should clean up the house a bunch and invite my nephew/godchild over to roll pretzles too. Oh wait! I've got a birthday party to plan here...I wonder if I can talk Darly into pretzle party? hummm

The rest of my day was spent reading and blogging. Dh & Darly were watching the Masters and they fell asleep on the recliner. I tried to get pictures, but my camera makes a chime noise when you turn it on...I think I can turn that off some how...gotta read that book.

All in all a very nice holiday. Dh has to go back to his real job tomorrow (he spent last week in Vegas teaching a class...tough life!)

Happy Easter!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a lovely Easter. Pancakes, waffles, pretzels...now I'm hungry! You actually make pretzels?...it is hard?...would you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a nice (although COLD!) Easter. It looked more like Christmas then Easter yesterday, didn't it?

    To answer your question, Yeah R has taught the dogs a few things (shake, fetch etc) but the goats are harder to teach... So far she hasn't been able to teach them anything (LOL, although not for lack of trying!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a nice Easter as well, even though the dog ate some of the Easter eggs we dyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to read that you had a wonderful Easter. We did as well although I just realized that I somehow unintentionally avoided any and all chocolate Easter bunnies, Cadbury eggs, jelly beans, and gummi bears. Oh well...there goes my one chance to eat all those tasty calories without guilt. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. lynn: recipe coming!

    M: I was thinking that she might have a future in animal training.

    Nicole: Lilly loves hard boiled eggs...perhaps she could eat them if we made some died eggs.

    Joan: Yeah, I've advised DH & DD that they get to eat all the candy and keep it from me. We'll see if that really happens as right now the bucket is unguarded. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that Darly got to wear her beautiful Easter dress. That's one of the fun things about Easter - dressing up!

    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    An Island Life
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter! :)

    Sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete