Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ahhhh!

First to answer my fan mail:

Joan said...
Whew...and they call this summer VACATION?!?!?! Well...you and Lynn will have lots to discuss when she gets back since yesterday they visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium...a very cool and fun place!

Yeah, I'm wondering what is so Vacationie about this. LOL! I've been on the go since Memorial day. geesh! Maybe when we get around to planning a vacation I might get one. LOL! I'm not holding my breath.


Goofy Girl said...
Whoa that's an intense schedule... you need to schedule in some relaxing time!!

oooh what a great idea. kinda like that movie about the med students who pencil in sex...right? LOL!


Kailani said...
Wow, I got tired just reading your post. How do you find the time to do all that?

6 days of nothing to do. How will you manage? *wink*

well there hasn't exactally been nothing to do...see more below


Barbara said...
Enjoy your time off!

I was thinking about how to get more people involved at church, a personal invitation. Something like:
"Mary, we need to catch up. Do you want to join me at the church office at 9AM thuis Thursday, then we could do lunch. "

That would work on me.

hummm that's kinda how I got dragged into this. LOL! I just wasn't devious enough to try it myself.

Lynn said...
I thought I led a busy life...you have me beat. Sounds like you and Darly are having a fun time. Glad to hear that some of your volunteering responsibilities are winding down. I'm betting that suddenly the 14th - 19th will be booked up too. Try and get some rest!

well not entirely booked, but not entirely with nothing to do either.

Heather said...
Wow... and I thought I was busy ;) Permission granted ;)

gee thanks. But I feel bad for you with all your packing to do...even though I know that in a sick way you love all this packing. LOL!


Rascal said...
Whew. I'm exhausted just reading how busy you've been. I think I'll go finish my Catnap.

oooh a catnap! I wanna join you!

Well for my update...

Monday we went up Mt Evans with our homeschooling group. Darly & I carpooled so she and I both had someone to chat with the entire trip up. It was very nice. We had lunch at Echo Lake and did a bit of exploring around the lake. Then hopped into our cars and drove up to the top parking lot...then hiked up the rest of the way. Darly had a blast climbing up the rocks between the paths (she loves rock climbing) but I would only allow her to do it on the parts that were like 4 to 5 feet between paths. {I should note here that from the parking lot to the top they have a zig zag path cut into the mountain.} So she and her friends climbed up that way. I did a few of the climbs but stuck to the path most of the way and the other girls' mom did the path the entire way.

The lack of oxygen up there along with the wind chill making it feel like it was only 40 degrees up there and then the pressure on my poor ears made me such a happy girl! read that with dripping sarcasm! But I didn't mind doing it...it's an awesome view! God has done an incredible job with that landscape. hee hee You just have to see it for yourself, it's incredible.

Well due to my very poor planning we did not make it back home in time for Darly to go to her gymnastics class. And then Darly announces to me that she wants to quit! WHAT??? Not after I paid this year's registration fee. Why does she keep doing this to me??? Argh!

After I calmed down I figured out what is really going on here...because she gave me really lame excuses for why she wanted to quit...I wish she would just tell me the truth. Anyway she is getting bored in her current class and annoyed because we have to keep interupting her fun times with her friends to go to her class. So I suggest that perhaps for the summer months we cut back to only once per week and we see how close she is to moving up to the next class...or see if she can work on something to help her move up.

Tuesday I got to sleep in!!! YAY! Woo HOO! can you tell I'm excited?
After all of that I had lots of computer work to do for some homeschooling stuff coming up, but luckily the ladies I work with are killer awesome and my job was minimal and easy to do.

This morning I got to sleep in again...but woke up with a start remembering that today was Wednesday...but thinking that it was NEXT Wednesday...my Anniversary and totally panicked until I realized that I was a week off. whew!

Darly & I then headed to the park to see our friends and had a great time. We also got to leave early enough that Darly wasn't all whiny about being too tired for Gym and having to leave her friends for class.

When we got to the gym this evening we talked to the owner first about where Darly is in her class...he had to ask her coach as the coach had Darly's progress card...to update them all. Next thing we know the coach is there to tell us that Darly is ready to move up to the next level!!! WOW! We were both suprised and happy. Darly was doing extra flips in class. LOL!

The only bummer is now we have to wait for an opening in the next class for her to move up. But since my original plan was to cut her back to only once per week...and I found out from another mom that those classes are all full, this may work out better for us. The coach said that there are a few girls in the Advanced Girls class who will be moving up soon so Darly is either #1 or #3 on the waitlist...not too shabby. Course this will mean switching days at the gym and a later class, but we'll manage. I'll have to talk DH into picking Darly up at the gym once a month so I can still do TNO.

Since we all know how I'm a nut and overschedule my life and such...you'll be happy to know that I'm planning an investiture/rededication/bridging* ceremony for my Girl Scout troop. Today I picked up the pins and patches for this event and found out the Daisy colors so I can try to match up the candals to them. I still need to reserve our space and then find the candals & candal holders. Most troops (or at least the ones in all the Girl Scout books) use a log with holes drilled in it for the candal holders. I've got some wood out back that might work if I can get it sawed straight. Perhaps I should get DH to do that on his table saw for me. I'll be in less trouble that way. ;) he would have a cow if I used his table saw.

*Investiture: when a girl becomes invested or first becomes a Girl Scout
Rededication: when a girl rededicates herself to Girl Scouts
Bridging: when a girl moves up to the next level of Scouting

Since our Troop has Daisies, Brownies & Juniors in it we have Girls doing all of those things.

Now I've decided that to save some money I'll just make the bags for the pins & patches we need to hand out...so Darly has volunteered to decorate the bags since they're made from old computer paper (hey, that's using resources wisely! - part of the law)

Tomorrow is still blank on my calendar...lets see if it truely stays that way. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Take a break Renee, treat yourself, sounds like you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Tuesday sleep in.... I seriously can't remember the last time I slept in! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling you'll find something to do! Congrats to Darly!

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, sounds like you've been busy. Glad your rock climbing turned out better than George and Kramer's trip with Tony did. Did you make some tuna sandwiches?

    Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been working on my latest invention. It's a walk-thru car wash, for humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There I go spitting out my drink again... LOL Yes... I am sick... sick sick sick... its like OCD organizing in my packing... Muahah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read you're getting a little rest...in between your crazy schedule!!! Whew...you exhaust me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A free day ? I hope it stayed that way :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. First...Congratulations to Darly for working hard and earning a spot (once one opens up) for the next level of gymnastics. Second, I'm glad to hear that you had some time to relax. Third, you totally rock as a G.S. leader! ( using resources wisely, what a good role model you are!)

    ReplyDelete