Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm back!

Tah Dah!

You're looking at my Anniversary present!

Wednesday night, We went to Best Buy to look at computers. I found one I really liked there, but we wanted to check out the prices at the base because we don't have to pay tax there. DH looked at the base yesterday and I looked at CompUSA. It turns out that CompUSA was running a back to school promo and we got this computer there with $150 in rebates. So for just a bit more than Best Buy wanted we got a bit more stuff on this computer. It's nice and I like it a lot.

I was a bit worried about Vista (my computer geek was telling me that it sucks), but it seems to be doing okay. My only problem is that Vista won't allow me to use my Google Reader Next button. I'm sure there's a trick to it...I'll figure it out here soon.

Oh and CompUSA advertised that this computer comes with Vista Home Premium. No it doesn't! It comes with Home Basic and an upgrade to Home Premium that you have to pay more money for! WHAT? that sucks! but Home Premium doesn't do too much more than we need it for...although the premium games look cool. hee hee.


Dh figured out how to transfer all my files. YAY! So now we just have to figure out how to get MS Office for this machine. The base has a really good deal on it.

OH GET THIS!!!!

CompUSA had in their ad that we could get MS Office installed on our new computer for $19.99! I was like "COOL!" but I was also warry. I asked the sales guy to explain that to me and he said that was what they charge to put the software on our computer. I was like "WHAT? You charge $20 to put a disk in the drive and press RUN?" and he was like, "You don't even need to hit run anymore." I rolled my eyes and said "I need to get a job like that!" and he said I would be suprised at how many folks have them do it.

I seriously need a job like that! "Money for nuttin and your chicks for free!"

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new computer, but OMG, what will you do without the next button?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! :) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I thought that last line said... Money for nuttin and the CLICKS for free... I was like... wait a minute... LOL I am sooo glad you got a new computer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee- Here's a link to help with the Vista toolbar:

    link

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo for you!!! Congrats on your new computer. Now...once you figure out Vista, you can teach me because that's what I have on my laptop and I barely touch the thing. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new computer. I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not sure how you guys get on base, but the army just inked a site license with microsoft that let's employees install office on their computers @ home. you just have to pay for the media and s&h

    ReplyDelete
  8. well congrats! always nice to have a new computer. sorry you had to get vista. my computer won't even run vista! -- it's a mac! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've missed you :) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, you would be amazed at the things people don't know how to do on a computer.

    Then again, I'm still trying to teach my Mom to text message on her phone.

    Welcome back. Could I do an "What was it like to be without internet" interview with you? :)

    ReplyDelete