Sunday, August 19, 2007

Failed camping attempt #2

Well Darly tried again last night to camp in the back yard.

This time she actually got her sleeping bag & pillow in the tent.

She went out there and was in the tent for 10 to 30 minutes before she came back inside.

Seems that the neighborhood dogs were too noisy for her. She said that one was howling.

Night #2 "Camping" in nice warm bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
and now for the fan mail

Lynn said...
How nice that you were willing to let Darly go through the motions of camping out in the back yard. Even though in the end, she decided not to do it, she will remember that you were willing to let her.
I don't see any reason she can't keep trying. Although DH does want the tent moved before there's a square in his grass.


Bone said...
So since she has him wrapped around her little finger they go off and do that.

LOL Hmm, soft bed in a fragrant smelling house or sleeping bag in a musty tent?

Glad you got your DSL fixed.

well the tent smells more like plastic than musty...it's new. And yeah, fixed DSL is so much better. Before it kept disconnecting and I had to reboot it. They guy said I'm less than a block from my hub so I should have awesome service. He did a bunch of stuff that got me going good and Monday a guy will come and put more power to the hub which should make all my neighbors happier too. LOL



Heather said...
LOL smart girl that one you have... will she try again anytime soon?
well we are going camping this Friday for real...she'll have to sleep in the tent then. And she's been camping lots of times. This backyard thing just wasn't going to work. LOL! I think Lilly was very interested in going though...she loves nice soft sleeping bags.


Goofy Girl said...
Hahha Darly is adorable. I hope another night works better for her for camping!
she can try as much as she wants to. We'll just have to move her tent around. Luckily we're getting rain so having the sprinklers off isn't a big deal.



LadyBugCrossing said...
It all look so different in the day light...

There's nothing better than a nice warm bed.

yeah, I enjoyed my bed too. I think she really just wanted to try solo...she didn't even want the dog with her. Lilly was bummed. LOL!


Barbara said...
It all sounds typical of what goes on around here.

I figured it was the normal childhood experience. Although I never thought to ask to camp in the back yard when I was a kid.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for real camping! We LOVE camping... :) In warm climates that is... I hate freezing at night. One Memorial Day we decided to go camping here in SD... no one told us that 99% of the time there is cold FREEZING rain on Memorial Day even if it is 102 the day before (no really)... so we froze and ended upleaving camp at 3:00am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe three's a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote you let Darly blog about the failed camping attempts now. Let's hear her side :)

    ReplyDelete