Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stop the world! I wanna get off and take a nap.

For those of you still wondering...no, we don't have the spoon back yet. I won't get to try until this Wednesday. And now on to other news.

Oh my gosh it has been so busy around here lately. I feel like I have to pencil in time to breathe...and what the heck is my neighbor doing outside my house? I keep hearing car doors slam...over and over! I'm too busy to go look though.

So after we went looking for Darly's mess kit at the GS council office we went to see our friends at Park Day. There was a nice big turn out and I got to tell one of the new moms afterward who all she met. I can't blame her, it was a lot of names to remember. But we saw a bunch of them again on Thursday...so I think that she's set.

After the park we headed to Gymnastics class...where Darly was goofing off. So I opened up the door and told her "Do it Right and Stop Goofing Off!" Her coach looks at me through the glass and says "Thank You!" It was just so frustrating to both of us because we know that Darly can do these things but if she doesn't do them consistantly she doesn't get credit for them and won't move up any. And I know it's just recreational gymnastics, but I can tell that Darly is getting bored and wants to learn new things...but she can't learn new things until she's gotten down all the old skills consistantly...nice vicious circle, huh?

Thursday I got to answer phones again and finished up a few projects for the office manager. I know that there is lots more to do in fact she has a project she's got my name on for the next time I come in. And I do feel appreciated there...I just wish it wasn't the "same 4 people who do everything at Church" thing. Actually there are 6 of us who come in to answer phones. That 4 people thing is a cliche that all Churches use as a joke, because it does seem as if only the same 4 folks do everything. But out of us 6 there are only 2 who feel comfortable enough with the computer to sit down and work on the files they need updating. Perhaps with the new families joining we'll also get some more office help. I sure hope so, or maybe they can persuade the counsil to hire someone to work the other two days. *sigh*

After working the phones on Thursday morning, I took Darly to a birthday party for two of her friends. Oh my did they invite a ton of kids! They had new homeschooling kids, old private school kids and then neighbor kids too! Well the girls got tons of gifts, but I sure hope their parents go smaller next year. Darly was eyeing all the loot the girls brought in and thinking that she wants a large party for her next birthday...but I had to remind her that she gets overwhelmed at these things and the gifts just aren't worth the stress to her or me. I sure hope it works.

Friday morning we didn't have anything planned and it was hot out, so we called up our brand new friends who are moving here in October but were here to look for a house to go to the spray ground. They were game so we went and had a blast!

At first the park was very crowded, there was actually a very large party going on at the pavillion right next to us, but it cleared out soon. Then there was this guy giving out FREE Minute Maid frozen treats! Wow! That was fun. Darly didn't even finish her lunch for that. Oh well, not a big deal. Since the spray ground was pretty busy the kids decided to play in the nearby field and roll down the hill. They were having a great time, but that fun ended when it started to rain.

So we grabbed our things and headed for the next pavillion over...which happend to have the inline hockey rink. Well since it was raining with lightening we sat and snacked for a bit. I gave the girls a quick lesson in hail (I forgot to mention that it was hailing too...huh? It was just tiny pea sized hail.) And I suggested that the kids make a tent with the towels & one of the picnic tables. They had fun but the littlest guy kept bonking his head on the way out from the table. Poor kiddo.

We snapped lots of pictures...gotta get permission to post them though. And the kids ran into the rain lots. After the rain slowed down they went out on the hockey rink and had lots of fun because it was filling up with water. Nice warm water.

After the rain stopped the kids went to the lake and found a crawfish that they wanted me to catch for them. Luckily it scooted off before I even saw it...not that I'm afraid (I grew up in Louisianna and we ate plent of the little buggers!)...I just really wasn't in the mood to catch the poor guy. And apparently he wasn't in the mood to get caught. LOL

When it looked as if the rain was all done we went back to the spray ground and had it mostly to ourself...but there was lots of mud, which the kids didn't mind one bit. And I was okay with my kid getting muddy...there were free showers right there. hee hee

So it was finally time to go and we still had more to do! Friday night we went to the Denver Aquarium. Darly had a great time and saw lots of her favorite sea creatures. I sure wish that one time when we go that the otters would be awake, but they weren't. boo! I did get to see a very cute sleeping otter face though.

Unfortunately my good buddy and the person who arranged the trip to the Aquarium didn't get to go...and it was her birthday too. I'm so sorry that she didn't get to go and I hope she had a fun time at home doing her favorite thing.

Dh didn't go with us to the Aquarium because last time when we went we had dinner there and didn't get home until past his bed time. But this time we didn't eat there (cuz it cost an arm & a leg...which I'm sure they feed to the sharks!) and we were home before the sun went down...which isn't saying much as it stays up to almost 9pm here. hee hee

Then yesterday I had my FINAL LLL area team meeting! YAY! They're great people and I've had a blast working with them...but I'm ready to move on. The meeting was from 9am to 4pm. We did a lot of planning and budgeting...and I'm so glad to be moving on.

Today we went to Church and then over to MIL's house. We finally remembered her birthday gift only an entire month late and we had a fabulous dinner. I'm so stuffed.

Tomorrow we are on the go again as we are climbing up Mt Evans...okay I have to point out that most of the trip will be in the car as Mt Evans has the highest paved road in the US...but it doesn't go all the way to the top. Darly loves to rock climb so I'm sure she'll be doing lots of that and forcing me to go with her. I just hope that she doesn't wear herself out 'cuz she has gymnastics class too.

But get this... the 14th threw the 19th we have NOTHING scheduled. We'll be at the park & gymnastics on Wednesday but other than that we are free! YAY! Maybe I'll get to sleep? Nah, don't count on it. ha ha

See ya around.

7 comments:

  1. Whew...and they call this summer VACATION?!?!?! Well...you and Lynn will have lots to discuss when she gets back since yesterday they visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium...a very cool and fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that's an intense schedule... you need to schedule in some relaxing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I got tired just reading your post. How do you find the time to do all that?

    6 days of nothing to do. How will you manage? *wink*

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time off!

    I was thinking about how to get more people involved at church, a personal invitation. Something like:
    "Mary, we need to catch up. Do you want to join me at the church office at 9AM thuis Thursday, then we could do lunch. "

    That would work on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I led a busy life...you have me beat. Sounds like you and Darly are having a fun time. Glad to hear that some of your volunteering responsibilities are winding down. I'm betting that suddenly the 14th - 19th will be booked up too. Try and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... and I thought I was busy ;) Permission granted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew. I'm exhausted just reading how busy you've been. I think I'll go finish my Catnap.

    ReplyDelete