Thursday, August 02, 2007

my great camping idea (s)...

okay, by popular demand I'm gonna tell you my great camping idea. And subject myself to the ridicule that is sure to come as my idea may not work out at all...but hey it's worth a shot...right? LOL!

Okay. here's our problem. Sometimes the bathrooms at campgrounds can be really really yucky or be very far away or it could be raining or whatnot. So I bought myself a portable potty to take with us camping. It isn't as nice as Jen's Luggable Loo, but I think for just Darly & I it should work out just fine.

So the next problem was to figure out where we would put it. At first I thought that I would sew or glue or whatever, some fabric to hang in one part of our tent (this isn't acutally our tent, but it's the same size...ours has a screened room off the front door and for some odd reason they stopped making it) to have a separate "room" for using the "facility" as it were.

But then it came to me.

I could try to take our little tent (Not Really This Tent, but very small like it and square) and but it up to our regular tent (sorta seen above). So that all we would have to do is step through the joined up doors to get to our own little "biffy".

The only things that could go wrong are 1) that the doors could both lean back too much making it not possible to but them up to each other and 2) most camp sites only allow 2 tents each...and with my sunshade (not the one on the tent, but my other one) I could be in trouble for having too many tents on one site. But perhaps when I prove to them that I've only got two campers & a dog on the site they'll be okay with it...the reason for just two tents is to control how many folks are on the site. I think.

I'm actually not going to set up my sunshade per say because I managed to break it in a few spots (it was too cheap!) but I wanted to fling it up over my car to try to block the sun out of the windows and provide some shade to keep it cool and keep my cooler cooler! LOL! I crack myself up.

So I guess now I have to pull out my tents and set them up in the back yard to see if my plan might work. Since I have to go through all my geer anyway...making sure it's all there and such that won't be much of a problem...if I can find the time to do it.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Talk about planning! Let us know how it goes!

    Using the restroom in the middle of nowhere kind of keeps me from camping, too!

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so smart! I love the potty idea... I might have to start camping again just to try out a luggable loo! Then again, maybe I'll live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that movie with Molly Ringwald where she was pregnant and they lived in a crummy old loft and had a tent over the toilet because it was in the middle of the room? That's what this is making me think of...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you are absolutely brillant. However, I don't think that I would want the potty, so close to where I am sleeping...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely wonderful and creative idea! If you decide to actually set it up, make sure you take lots of photos...when it's not in use, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some campground bathrooms are disgusting: these are interesting ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey... that isnt whacko... its workable! Sounds like a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh, you may as well go ahead and test out the potty while you're out there in the yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea Miss Renee. But I has two other words for you: "giant litterbox". - Miles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Renee! I don't get to reciprocate the replies that you give me (have I told you "thank you" lately? Well, "thank you!") Wow, those toilet seats are amazing! I never knew they existed! A price I pay for not having children.

    I've calmed down, but I may make that phone call, anyway. Ha!

    ReplyDelete