Friday, August 24, 2007

The anniversary update!

Here's what we did for our Anniversary.

I got our tickets for the Titanic for 9:45am. I wanted to try to beat the school groups in...and that worked out really well for us...well except for the getting up early part.

The gal at the membership desk informed me that since my membership is only good for two people I wasn't really allowed to purchase 3 Titanic tickets at the member price. hummm? They give a 10% discount on EVERYTHING when you have a membership. Oh well. She decided that it was really too late to do anything about it and probably noticed that we have been members for years so she let us in anyway. Since DH isn't a member I was going to exchange a guest pass for him to get into the museum, but she said we didn't need to do that. And the guy at the ticket taking station let us in with no worries...I've found that they normally let just about anyone in with any kind of excuse (not that we abuse that or anything ;) )

The Titanic was good. They had a lot of the same stuff that the exhibit in Vegas has...only Vegas (cuz they have more money) has a recreation of the grand staircase & the deck. But it was very good.

Darly was a 3rd class passenger. I was a 1st class passenger. & DH was a 1st class passenger. Guess who didn't make it?

DH! He was Benjamin Guggenheim .

Oh this website that I found all that info on our passengers is so cool!

okay after the museum I took Darly to her gymnastics class. And then we took her to a friend's house for a sleep over for her. She said that she didn't want to be at home to witness all the kissing. LOL!

DH & I went to have dinner at Black Angus steakhouse. We were first told that it would be a 15 minute wait for a table...which was fine by me. However we were soon seated at a very tiny table for two...where the one seat was practically in the walk way. I decided to move that chair to the other side of the table to be near DH and out of the main walk way. By the time I got my chair moved, the manager came over and offered us a booth in the back. So we moved.
It then took about 15 minutes before our server showed up! LOL! We were at first a bit put off by it because someone had brought us bread...but we had nothing to drink and were getting parched. The server appologized a lot and Dh told her that we were celebrating our anniversary.

Okay, DH & I are NOT big eaters. We normally share a meal whenever we go out because we don't need all that food. So we ordered one meal to share. Well the manager decided to buy us another meal because of all the waiting...and probably a bit because of our anniversary. So we had two prime rib dinners...but as I'm typing this I realize that we were only given one salad...DH could have had the soup he wanted. *sigh* Oh well. They also brought us a birthday dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate sauce on the dish. It was very nice of them.

Dh had taken off Thursday too and we made a list of items that we wanted to get done. The biggest thing was that we really needed to get our carpets cleaned. It has been entirely too long and the winters here are murder on them. So we rented a Rug Doctor and went to work. I'm now the proud owner of much cleaner (if not wetter) carpets! And DH & I went to bed very tired & sore...I took pain killers last night.

Well I should really be packing for our camping trip and we have to scoot to a coop class.

10 comments:

  1. The titanic thing sounds like fun! And also a good dinner there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good day :) Well except for the pain killers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you two had a goo time. I'm glad darly didn't have to witness all that smooching and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Titanic thing sounds AMAZING -- like so much fun. I haven't heard of it -- must not be in Canada..... Have fun prepping for the camping trip! (bring lots of kitty litter! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that Titanic thing sounds fascinating. And I'm glad to read that Darly was able to go to stay with a friend so she wasnt subjected to all that smooching. :~)

    And, of course, a belated "Happy Anniversary."

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got carpets cleaned for your anniversary???

    Seriously.

    I hope you're lying :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you and DH had a wonderful anniversary. Smart of Darly to stay away from all of that smooching! The Titanic thing sounds really interesting...I've never heard of it before (well, I've heard of the Titanic) but not of a place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of anything like this before. How cool!

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, nothing says love like cleaning the carpet and pain killers :)

    Sounds like you two had a nice dinner and the Titanic thing sounds neat.

    Though when I first read, "I got our tickets for the Titanic for 9:45am" I was thinking, "No!!! Don't get on! It's gonna sink!"

    Happy 15th :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy late anniversary, and holy heck, that sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete