Sunday, August 05, 2007

A great Idea from a CAT!

In my post below I was pondering my potty situation while camping and my good buddy Miles Meezer (who happens to be a cat) gave me a pretty good idea. Well not directly.

Miles suggested that I use a "giant litterbox" while camping. I wonder if he knows that when you really rough it out there they tell you to dig "cat holes" to bury your waste in. Hummm... well anyway.

My take on Miles' suggestion is to take a small container of kitty litter with me to either dump into my potty's bag after use or before...I'll have to see which works better to help with the possible odor.

I plan on switching out the bags frequently enough that odor shouldn't be a problem, but the litter might help me use less bags. Course it might smell kitty fresh in there and I shouldn't get the kind that release fragrance when your cat steps on it...LOL!

Off in search of free samples of kitty litter. Or at least small packages.

12 comments:

  1. Hhahah that is too funny, are you going to bury your delivery in the kitty litter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I just can't wrap my mind around kitty litter in a tent! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wrap my head around CAMPING with a kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had friends that just climbed Mt. Whitney (in California) and they have something called 'Wag bags'. These are large bags that have kitty litter on the bottom, that fit over your derrier, so that when you have to 'go' on the trails you just go in the bag. Then wrap it up and voila... you take it out with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You people are much more dedicated campers than I am...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just stay home. hee hee

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I think its an excellent Idea!!!!!!! Brilliant even... I might have to use that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've found that that gel that you put in the soil of your plants to keep them moist is MOST EXCELLENT in our luggable loo.

    We don't poop in it, though. Are you planning to poop in our potty? If so, are you going to reach in and bury your poops, that really cuts down on the smell...

    ReplyDelete
  9. no pooping in the potty unless it's a real emergency. And no I won't reach in to bury...I'll dump another scoop on top. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK I really shouldn't have read this while eating chips and salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, this is why I don't go camping. Unless it's at a Hilton. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for saying my idea was good Miss Renee!!! I doesn't bury my stinkies either - I usually make mommy get up and scoop them because, sheesh, it's stinky!
    I hope you have a great camping trip!! - Miles

    ReplyDelete