Wednesday, September 05, 2007

comment answering post

These are selected comments from my camping trip post and my answers to them...

The Meezers said...
you camping trips sounds like lots of fun Miss Renee. Glad that you took your litterbox wif you and that it was helpful!! - Miles

NO! Thank you Miles for all your camping tips. You're such a smart cat.



Heather said...
Sounds like you had a good time! And I had to mention that I think its comical DH didnt go... Jake wouldn't go either. He says, "That is why Got created Electricity and In door plumbing so we didnt have to go camping!" LOL Sounds like they will get along peachy ;)

Well since Dh's "in the field job" is setting up "tent cities" he's a bit spoiled by all the amenities that his employer provides. When we were packing once he asked "where is the A/C? where is the communications tent? where are the showers?" He thinks that he's so funny. I don't know if we'll ever drag him out for real camping...which is why I haven't bothered to buy him a cot or air mattress yet. Yeah, our guys should get along just fine.


Jen said...
I'm gonna have to tell people to come read about the camping trip here, because I just haven't gotten around to blogging it (or much of anything!) yet.

I'm all over that ferber thing, loved it and did it with all the kids. But if that's what they were doing, they were doing it WRONG! Jeez, it's not that hard of a concept, is it? No one's kid should be crying that long before bed, or ever.

LOL! yeah, it's totally okay to send your commenters over here for a peak at your camping trip. Glad I didn't got to Bear Creak with you. That sounded very harsh even though they have flushies!
And I really hope that the baby was just being ferberized wrong cuz if the baby was cold like I suspected that was just plain MEAN to let it cry like that. The second night really sounded as if it were in pain to me.


Barbara said...
Nice to have you back in the blogosphere.

Thanks Barbara, and thanks for your Google Next button tip. All I have to figure out now is how to get my printer driver on here...I think that I might have the right one from the website...just have to do all the disconnect the usb cord and connect the cord...and roll my eyes. hee hee


Kailani said...
I give you credit for going through all of that. I know I wouldn't bother since I'm just not a camping kind of girl. The main thing is that Darly enjoyed herself!

Yeah, she had a great time. I'm not sure why I'm so attracted to camping...maybe cuz I feel as if I was born at the wrong time. When Frontier House came out on PBS I was totally thinking "I Can Do That!"



Goofy Girl said...
Sounds like quite the adventure!!

It was a lot of fun.(except for the screaming baby and horrible latrines!) Monday morning I was kind of torn about leaving. In a way I would have liked to stay up there longer, but we needed to get back to town for Darly's gymnastic's class.
I was wishing that we had done some real hiking and exploring or other campy things.



Lynn said...
After reading your post I want to go camping again. I absolutely love tent camping. (Don't like the bugs though). Sounds like you had a fantastic camping trip...minus the crying baby and the cold, but oh what great memories you are creating.

That is the one wonderful thing about camping in Colorado...no bugs! I think we saw maybe two mosquitoes. The flies kept trying to get in our screened room, but that's it.


Bone said...
Sounds fun. I'm very impressed by the variety of food that you cooked while camping. I usually just have hot dogs.

Who takes a screaming baby camping? Isn't that what people go camping to get away from? :)

I purposly try to have food OTHER than just hot dogs when we go camping. Mostly to prove to Darly that you can eat other foods and cooking them is not that hard.
Here's how I cooked our food: Night #1 I put some water in frying pan with the ham and the corn and just heated that. The mashed potatoes were instant. Night #2 (when I did my "fancy cooking!") I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and covered that in a mixture of barbque sauce & water (cuz the heat makes the sauce dry out quickly and then you just get pasty chicken...blech!) I heated that in a covered pan and then cooked the instant rice and peas separately. Night #3 Darly sliced the hot dogs and I got the macaroni cooking. About 4 minutes or so before the noodles were done we added the hot dogs. Drained the noodles/dog mixture and made the Mac & Cheese according to the Kraft directions. Peas were cooked in water in a separate pan. I CAN cook more elaborate camping meals...but remember I'm also catering to a very picky kid. On previous trips I've cooked foil pouch dinners, which I LOVE but Darly isn't a fan. I can also do a dutch oven stew, but I'm waiting for someone's palate to mature for that.
And I don't know why those people had a baby cuz they certainly did there best to ignore it. At one point they had the kid in the pop up crying while the mother was outside doing nothing that looked important telling the baby "I'm right here."


m said...
Sounds like you had a great trip! Have you warmed up yet? :)

RYC: If you're going to be driving a lot on 470, you'll probably want a transponder. Having one makes it so much easier!

It was fun, can't wait to go again! And yes I've warmed up. Now that I know the secret of a warm night's sleep I'll never go cold again!
And I should go get a transpoder. I'll ask DH about it, maybe if I tell him that I'll keep it in the glove box except for when I actually need it and only use it when it's really necessary he'll let me get one.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun post, I'll have to remember this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need a new countdown ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your printer driver Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camping post sure makes me want to camp again. It's been ages since I last tent camped (before Hubby came into the picture) and I think it would be fun for the two of us to "rough it" on a vacation.

    ReplyDelete