Monday, September 24, 2007

My Head Hurts!

I don't know what the deal is today. I got up played on the computer a bit and finally got off my duff and started the laundry...then called up the mechanic about getting the "check oil" light turned off in my car.

I'm driving to the mechanic and get about a mile from my house and WHAM! It feels like someone knocked me up the right side of my head...(your right, my left...WHATEVER!) I'm thinking "oh great!"

It's not a stress headache...no stressing today...just hanging out while they find and destroy my car.

It's not a migraine...those are sneakier...although I did feel kinda sick last night, but I attributed that to the gorging on Chinese food last night.

I don't think it's due to dehydration...I've been drinking plenty...so I guess that means it's safe to go down some ibuprophen...

Hey! Did you know that if you take ibuprophen for a dehydration headache it makes it worse because ibuprophen works by drawing off fluids?

Anyway...my head hurts.

Oh wait...I think I figured out my headache. My jaw hurts too. Must be a TMJ headache. Great! Time for more biofeedback exercises. *eyeroll* at least I'm not on muscle relaxers again...although I have some...maybe if I take a little bit.

oooh DH will love that. I take the muscle relaxers and he has to come and get my car from the mechanic cuz I can't drive from being loopy. ha ha ha ha!

oooh! Did I tell ya'll about my new Discover Card? If I did, I'm sorry. Forgive me, I have a headache. If I didn't here it is.

We got a letter from Discover Card saying that they have all these new designer cards that we can (sorry TOBY MAC on, had to go dance!) Okay, where was I?

Oh yeah, we can change out our plain old boring credit cards for a pretty one. I tried to link you to the designer cards but Discover won't let you do that without logging and if you think I'm giving you access to my account, YOU MUST BE CRAZY. Anyway so I go log in and look at the designs. DH wants his card changed to be Beach scene. I click on the beach card and it says "We're sorry, but we're out of that card right now...please choose another card." So he picks the Eagle..."We're sorry, but we're out of that card right now...please choose another card." So then he picks the Mountains..."We're sorry, but we're out of that card right now...please choose another card." DH is Furious but I'm seeing a pattern here.

So I grab the phone and call up 1800Discover. I get a really nice lady and tell her what's up. She asks all my security info first and then asks which card DH wants, I tell her he wants the Beach. She says that they have plenty and he can have it. I say go for it! So she begins processing that for him and I have to hurry to pick my card! So I'm flipping through the cards and come across the Flags from around the world set... I tell the Discover lady that DH HATES that they have a French flag. She laughs and says that no one has ordered a French flag card from her.

Finally I find the card I would like. It's called Flowers...it appears online to be tulips, but if you click on the thumbnail you see it's actually poppies. There are two purple poppies, one red and a few poppy seed pods.

We finally got our new cards, just took about a week. I'm thrilled! But wouldn't ya know it, I haven't had much places to use it yet. So far I've used it twice for fast food and the silly kids working the counter don't even care to look at my card. *sigh* I need to go to a craft store so the lady actually looks at my card and says how pretty it is. LOL! What a great reason to shop, huh? maybe the mechanic will notice it when I pay for my car? Doubt it.

Comments to this post:

Lynn said...
I tend to pass on the designer cards. I don't want to get so in love with how it looks that I would be tempted to use it more often. lol. Sorry about your headache, and your car. Hope that both are better soon, and that your mechanic doesn't give you a "here's a gigantic bill" headache:~)

Well, I did spend $750 today with my fancy new card...but that was all in one place on my stupid car! I needed a new radiator and brakes. I'm wondering if the old radiator was broken when DH hit that deer? hummm Oh well. I never did take anything for my headache...I got busy making a bunch of phone calls and totally forgot about the headache & the pills...and it went away. They did a bunch of stuff on my car (at least it's on my receipt) that they charged me $0 for...so that's a good thing, right? LOL! Actually I really like this garage, mostly because they tell me how long they expect to keep my car and when they try to get me to spend more they aren't that pushy about it. They're more like "well your user manual says you need this, but you could wait..." LOL

TC said...
I don't think it's due to dehydration...I've been drinking plenty...

Renee! ;-)

(I couldn't resist: it made me laugh.)

I keep my boring 'ol black and silver card. No designs for me.

I haven't had that kind of drink in a long time. We're pretty much "tea-totalers" (is that how you spell it?) here. I'm a really cheap date and a control freak, so anything that messes with my head is so scrutinized that I usually don't mess with it. We've had our plain cards forever and they've been offering us designer cards for a long time, it was just finally this year that we liked the designs.


Barbara said...
Your much too overjoyed with a credit card, are you sure those are ibuprofen that you are taking?

LOL you're funny. I never did take anything for my headache. I just found the story of what it took to get the cards amusing. Maybe I was a bit loopy. LOL

7 comments:

  1. I tend to pass on the designer cards. I don't want to get so in love with how it looks that I would be tempted to use it more often. lol. Sorry about your headache, and your car. Hope that both are better soon, and that your mechanic doesn't give you a "here's a gigantic bill" headache:~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's due to dehydration...I've been drinking plenty...

    Renee! ;-)

    (I couldn't resist: it made me laugh.)

    I keep my boring 'ol black and silver card. No designs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your much too overjoyed with a credit card, are you sure those are ibuprofen that you are taking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have TMJ headaches. They were the pits! Hope yours is feeling better soon!

    I love those pretty credit cards!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think Ibuprofen's way of working is by getting rid of water, it's by blocking inflammatory mediators from being created. Even if it has mild diuretic effects, I would tend to doubt that it alone would be potent enough to cause a headache due to dehydration.

    I think headaches a lot of times are due to stress that we carry in our bodies and don't let out - holding the shoulders up, clenching our jaw and neck, holding the neck stiff, but that's just my two cents. :)

    Hope you feel better soon, I find that alleve is far superior to any of the other over the counter pain medications, esp in the headache dept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT?!?! Did I read this right?!?!? You passed UP TOBY MAC??? I am so getting a discover card now....

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH LOL See how you threw me?!?!? LOLOLOLOL I didnt realize he was ON the radio... I thought you meant ON the card... LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

    Duuuuhhh-mmme!

    ReplyDelete