Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It is finished?

today I met with H to transfer the LLL stuff over to her. First we went to the bank to get her as a signer on our accounts. It took about 20 minutes before we could be seen because the lady at the desk where you tell them what you're there for was busy helping a lady in front of us order checks. By the time she was done and got to us she says, oh you need to see someone in Business Services and calls another girl who we saw doing not much of anything before. *eyeroll!!!*

So we process the getting H on the accounts and ask about how many signatures are required on each of the accounts. The bank lady highly suggests that we have just one signature required on all the accounts due to possible theft of the checks in the mail while mailing from the check writer to the check signer to the payee. So we're working on that. (I should mention that I am still a signer on all the accounts.)

Then we remembered that we wanted to take some of the old signers off the accounts. oops! that meant re-doing all the paperwork we had done before and all went well except for one of the accounts and we redid that one by hand cuz the computer didn't like us any more at that point. But we got it all done.

Next we went and filled out deposit tickets for the accounts and did a funds transfer so we could pay some folks who have been chomping at the bit to get paid.

Next back to my house...and when we get there the guys that DH hired to fix our gutter are there waiting for me. They had only been there a minute or so but tried to make me feel as if they had been there for longer. I told them they could get started but told them that I needed to head back out. I gave them my cell number so they could call me when the job was finished, I would drive back home and pay them. They said that would be fine.

I went to H's house and we ate lunch, then got started on all this transfer stuff. She took about 40 minutes to get the software on her computer cuz the computer kept insisting that it needed to be restarted. I hope her DH knows what's going on with it cuz I didn't understand what the problem was. Then I went over how to use the software, we did a funds transfer and entered the interest and checks for the accounts. I wrote the checks since I figured anyone could do that and I also addressed the envelopes. Since we learned that the main checking account didn't have a 2 signature requirement I signed the checks myself. Then we had fun trying to figure out how to save the files to her computer...it had it stuck in it's head that they should only be saved to the jump drive. luckily she can keep that.

I showed her some of the files saved on the jump drive and explained them. Then I went through the paper files with her. I showed her the IRS paperwork that we file and the state tax forms. She was overwhelmed by it all...so I suggested that she play around with the software and dig through the files for a week or so, then give me a call and we can go over things again and I'll go over there if I need to. It was a long interesting day.

Oh I forgot to mention that I never heard from the gutter guys. I had no way of calling them. So I called DH to see if they called him. I was worried that my piece of junk cell phone didn't send my call through. So I had Dh call me, it worked fine for him. Well when we got home they were long gone...no note no nothing, well we did have a new gutter. I guess they will be sending us a bill. hummm the guy told me that I had to pay him then since we didn't have a contract. I hope he calls soon. I'm sure we'll hear something tomorrow.

I then had to run Darly to the gym. Today she had yet another coach. Since she has switched to this class on Sept 4th she has had 4 different coaches. But Darly reports that this coach will be her coach from now on...and SHE LOVES HER! I'm excited too since this coach is a former Olympic hopeful. She competed for the Olympic team but missed by just a bit. This coach works with the younger competetive girls and well she's just great. I really like what I have seen out of her. Darly said that she has already shown them two new things.

So a pretty good day. I need to finish filling out my retirement paperwork and then I'll be officially retired. But as of today, I'm unofficially retired. "all dried up." LOL

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a almost retired! :) Hope it's official soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy!! At least the LLL is almost totally behind you...

    Happy retirement! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, my head kind of hurts after reading what all you had to go through to try and switch that stuff over!

    Uff da!

    Will you be having a retirement party when it's official? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you a little too young to be retiring? hee hee

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. All died up... LOLOLOL You crack me up. Conga-rats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, a former Olympic hopeful? That sounds great!

    If I were going to take gymnastics, I'd want my instructor to be a former Olympic hopeful. Preferably a cute former Olympic hopeful. Otherwise, I don't know if I could stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete