Saturday, September 01, 2007

The $50,000 Question Meme

Wouldn’t I just love to have this happen!

A philanthropist awards you $50,000 with the stipulation that you may use half of it for yourself and the other half you must use for the benefit of others. By “benefit of others” it can mean anything really, buying a gift for a family member or donating to a charity.

Thanks to An Island Life, I get to dream big for just a little while.

First I wanna whine because the stipulation is that only $25,000 can be spent on me and then $25,000 has to be spent for someone else. but then there are these questions that really mix it all up. Let's see how I do.

1)How do you spend the money on yourself? see #2

2)How do you use the money for others? Please be detailed, so if you say “give X dollars to charity, let us know what charity and why you select that one. My mom really wants to move here to be near my brother & me. So I would spend the entire $50,000 on helping her get a house and move here.

3)If you were to spend part of your money to have a performer do a show for you, who would it be and why? well I don't think that $25,000 will cover the cost of having a performer do a show for me. but perhaps if I asked The Newsboys nicely, they might come do a benefit concert here and we could donate all the procedes to their favorite charity. (choosing their charity would make them more likely to come preform.)

4)If you were to use it on a new vehicle for yourself, what kind? To get anything decent it's gonna take the entire $25K and then some...but I would love a new Explorer.

5)If you spent part of it to go to a “fantasy” camp, what type would you choose? I'm not sure I understand the concept of a fantasy camp. but I would be happy with a trip up to the YMCA camp at Estes Park. They've got tons of fun stuff to do up there...course if they had a spa too that would be great. So there's the fantasy of it, take the place that already exhists and add to it. ha ha!

6)If you were to use it to buy season tickets for a sports team, what team would it be? I’m not all that into sports. I personally prefer watching high school & college sports, but if I had to choose a local team I would probably go for the Rockies. We had a blast at their game...course it helps that they WON! when we went to see them.

7)If you were to use it to go on a cruise (assuming you like cruises) where would you cruise to? Humm...at first I thought this would be easy cuz the first answer that popped into my head was a Disney Cruise, then I remembered that I wanted to do an Alaskan cruise and then I remembered that I would like to do a Hawaiian cruise. decisions, decisions!

8)If you were to use it to go to NYC to see a show (or shows) what would you see? Gosh, I'm not sure. I've never wanted to go to NYC...ever. That just doesn't appeal to me (not a big city gal!) But to see a show, hummm I would have to do some research on what shows there were. Now to go see a show here, I wanna see The Blue Man Group! but since DH has already seen them in Vegas he doesn't wanna go again. whah!

Now it’s back to reality. *sigh*

6 comments:

  1. Now before you get all mushy thinking that I'm a sweet girl for spending the entire $50K on my mom moving here and how nice that is of me...
    I don't know how much it will cost to move her here, but houses here cost a lot more than they do in FL. My mom got her current house for $120K. I don't really think that she'll be able to sell it for that much, but I'm sure hoping that she does cuz she'll need every cent of her equity for the move.
    Since my mom is now on permanent disability she won't have an income. My step-dad will be their only source of money and he's a school teacher. So I'm figuring that at best they'll be able to swing a $90K home here. and there aren't that many $90K homes here in CO. Many of the homes here that one would assume would be in that price range are actually much more. So my $50K would just manage to get them into a house that they could afford.

    I have very mixed emotions about her moving here. I think it would be great for her health (emotionally & physically) but I don't want her "in the RED ZONE" where a daily visit is possible. I want her in the yellow zone where only weekend visits are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, at the outer edge of the yellow zone. You're funny Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think that you're very sweet to think of your mom...even in a yellow zone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do a Hawaiian cruise, don't forget to stop by and say Hi!

    Thanks for playing along.

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I gotta go Lindsay Lohan for performer. Didn't she have one album? That way, I could keep my eyes on her and make sure she didn't drink.

    For car, I'm going Jeep Wrangler. Sigh. I miss mine.

    And for cruise... hmm... I like the Alaska idea.

    Welcome back, btw, we missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Where is my money??? :-)

    ReplyDelete