Thursday, May 15, 2008

Other news...

finally a break! We've been on the go since Sunday...

Monday we learned how to make friendship bracelets and Darly went to her first Level 2 Ice Skating lesson. She wasn't too happy. It seems that the place we go to decided to combine two classes into one and then charge us $10 less for the session. But that means that we have 24 kids instead of just 12...however they did have two coaches and divide the class into girls & boys...but that still meant that there were a lot of girls in Darly's class. But I checked the other classes at this level offered and Darly didn't want to wake up early on Saturdays to switch. So oh well, we'll live with this one.

Tuesday Darly had a book club and gymnastics and I had a meeting to go to. DH had to go to pick her up. Apparently I owe him for this.

Wednesday we went to the park to go see a Police Dog demonstration. Only someone at the police department lost the info that said they would be there. And so we were waiting around the park on the police to show up. One of the other moms suggested we call up and say there's a suspicious package here they need to send dogs to check out. Instead the cops woke up a night shift officer and asked him to come. Poor guy had just gotten to bed at 4am but came to talk to us with his dog. There wasn't really any demo though cuz they didn't bring the bad guy training suit. But we were still thankful that he had come. Darly & her friends played at the park all day and had great fun.

Today we were supposed to go to the federal center, but since I was the only one who could still go...we canceled it and will reschedule. But Darly has gymnastics this evening and I have another meeting to go to...so now I will owe DH even more. I mentioned to him that he hasn't said what kind of payment he wants. He says "wadda got for payment?" I think I'm in trouble!

Meanwhile our attempt to rename our homeschooling group is going terrible. I sure hope we can come to some sort of resolution though cuz well it might have been a bad idea to let the group help with it. sigh

And in other news...

I came downstairs the other morning to find this waiting for me!


I was okay with it. But apparently it bothered someone...

I was in making my coffee and heard growling and then barking! I went to find Lilly staring at the doll. So since she was so bothered by it, I picked her up so she could sniff it. Once she found that it was just a doll she was fine. but it was sure funny that she was bothered by it. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! It looks real! I would have growled, too!

    You've got to slow down... I know, I should take my own advice. LOL!

    ReplyDelete