Friday, May 23, 2008

Subway contest Not for Homeschoolers!!!

This post came up on my homeschooling board today...

No Homeschoolers allowed in Subway Contest????

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contest is open only to legal residents of the Untied States who are currently over the age of 18 and have children who attend elementary, private or parochial schools that serve grades PreK-6. No home schools will be accepted.

Wow! I could not believe it when I read it! I wonder why?

Here is the Url:
http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/kids/contest.aspx


I checked the link and they didn't just say it once. They said it twice that no homeschoolers would be accepted!

Now we get that the grand prize would be a bit difficult for them to offer to a homeschooler...but they could have come up with a better grand prize. I know that my homeschool group could come up with some ideas on how to use that much money...or we could have our favorite park upgraded.

7 comments:

  1. Perhaps they are afraid the parents are going to write the stories, not the students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could only understand this because they talk about "prizes for your child's school" and they are maybe afraid homeschoolers would use the prizes to upgrade their own backyard???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy stuff!
    I can't believe they actually have the right to discriminate like that.

    I have to say Denver looks great and we will likely go there for a Mommy-Daddy break once my youngest is about 10 months old.

    Re: My Post you commented on:
    I would like to say that it is the people that are the problem (and Las Vegas is such a gong show I don't think we will go back for a while) but the airline hires those people. When we have flown a Canadian carrier out of Vegas (West Jet or Air Canada) we never had a single problem ever. JUst America West and United have been terrible with terrible staff.

    Denver did rock though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that they figure it's better P.R. to give something to the schools than to a home-school. Still, it doesn't seems fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.petitiononline.com/home777/petition.html

    The link for the online petition to boycott Subway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are the folks at Subway really afraid that homeschooling parents would use the winnings for something other than the education of their children? It just doesn't sound fair.

    Also to answer your question...I got our new graphics card at Fry's which is a huge electronics store out here. Unfortunately, I don't think they have a store where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really surprised that they actually thought make that exclusion. I guess we don't have that many homeschoolers here. At least, not that I'm aware of.

    ReplyDelete