Friday, June 17, 2005

And they wonder why....

Denver's pit bull ban roils owners The owners of pit bulls are upset that the city has decided to ban their dogs. They claim that their dogs are being judged unfairly.

2 pit bulls injure man and his dog But how can the city NOT ban these dogs when things like this happen all the time. It wasn't too long ago that a Woman in Elizabeth was killed and two other people attacked by two pit bulls that had gotten out again and were looking for something to attack.

I'll be the first to admit that not every dog of a breed is the same, but it appears that some of these owners are oblivious to the danger of their dogs. Some dogs have even attacked family members and the owners still cry the dogs are safe. I just don't get it.

While it may not be fair to judge all of a breed by the few that make the news, there are plenty of other dogs that need good homes.

I think that it is possible that Man has messed around too much with dog breeding. There is a pet shop near me that proudly advertises it's mixed breed dogs as if they are purebreds with price tags to match. I'm not a purebred fanatic (my own dog is an unknown mix from the pound) but don't go passing off a Snoodle for the same price as a Poodle!

Okay I jumped onto a different soapbox there...sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment