Monday, February 25, 2008

almost 22 days

I thought I would give you an update on my no Pepsi challenge. As you can see from my ticker it has been almost (or maybe by the time you read this) 22 days. And I'm still Pepsi free. YAY!

Have I been tempted? YOU BETCHA!

One evening DH had set his freshly opened can on the kitchen counter and I was doing something and bent my head near it and could smell it! Oh I wanted just a tiny sip...but I was a good girl and walked away.

And to avoid all temptation for the next two weeks, I had Darly take all the Pepsi out of our frig and put it in the garage...it will be colder out there anyway...and it's easy to avoid when you don't even see it.

The hardest thing has been to avoid colas when I've been eating away from home. And I admit that I have had Sprite two times (those darned combo meals!) but for everything else it has been lemonade or water.

Aren't you proud of me???

9 comments:

  1. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is NO easy task, I know how hard it is to say no to! In a couple of weeks, you'll taste it and wonder why you thought it was so good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! You're a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What dedication! I'm so proud of you!

    kailani
    an island life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Much so!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very proud of you. Avoiding temptation is difficult...resisting temptation when it is right there on your kitchen counter is commendable:~) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing incredibly awesome! I have been good, too...I did cheat and get a DIET Pepsi one day last week when I was in a lousy mood...but so far, other than that...I'm doing good :) Tomorrow is cheat day...funny thing is, though, that I am not as excited about it as I thought I'd be! I suppose that means I'm getting used to being without it.
    I've lost three pounds since starting the Pepsi Challenge...which isn't entirely a good thing...I'm 5'11" and now am at 126 pounds. Gonna have eat a little more, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm most proud of you for calling them colas, and not pop or sodas :)

    But yes, that is impressive. I'm still drinking one or two a day, depending. But it's much better than the five or six I was guzzling a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes indeed, I am very proud of you!! such willpower!
    and thanks for the tip on that picture

    ReplyDelete