Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Update on the Pepsi thing...

NOPE! I'm still on the waggon, but it has been VERY hard. But I've been very good and having water instead. I can do this.

Bone suggested that I just cut back instead of going cold turkey. I was already pretty far back when I gave it up. I was drinking just one can...sometimes not the entire can and sometimes not every day. And since I had only been drinking it again for a few weeks, I was lucky and didn't get a caffeine withdrawl headache.

My only problem really is that time between 2:30 and 4:30 when my blood sugar drops and the promise of a quick energy boost just calls to me. But I'm able to tackle that with water & some nuts.

Jennifer asked if I wanted a buddy to go through this with. And that would be wonderful! Wouldn't it be cool if we started an entire blogosphere revolution that got the soda companies scared. LOL okay maybe we couldn't get that far.

and a side note: there is this mom & daughter at the gym that we see every Tuesday & Thursday...and each time they purchase a soda (usually the orange soda) out of the machine at the gym. (I've already suggested that the gym sell water instead, but the machine is there because the owner of the building had it put in.) So back to my story. Well the little girl is quite headstrong and determined to open the soda herself. Yesterday they had got a diet pepsi and N cracks it open and it spits and foams EVERYWHERE!!! including on the library book that they were reading.
I found myself disgusted and happy that I had given the stuff up.

9 comments:

  1. I need cut my coffee intake. I swear I might as well take it intravenously the way I consume it. If there isn't coffee found anywhere, then I grab a coke. Glad you got to cut that habit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have substituted my diet cokes with iced tea. I make a two quart pitcher in the morning (the real iced tea - tea bags and water, not the powdery stuff) and it's usually gone by bed time. It's working - my 12 pack of diet coke has had 11 bottles in it for over a week now. - Meezer Mom Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iffen yur blood sugar drops ya need some kitty treats. That always picks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be strong!
    I would have been so glad to see that soda pour all over them!! But, I'm mean, so.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day! I could never forget my bean friends. They make all this possible in the first place.

    Pee Ess - I smelled a Pepsi once. I didn't like it because it fizzled my nose. I'm not sure why you humans would like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always drives me nuts that gyms don't sell/give water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet they were nice and sticky after that!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the good work:~)

    ReplyDelete