Monday, February 04, 2008

I'm not all right...

Can I lose my need to impress?
If you want the truth, I need to confess

I’m not all right
I’m broken inside
Broken inside
And all I go through
It leads me to You
It leads me to You


I need to confess something to you. It's really bad. I don't know how I could have lived with this for so long.

Are you ready?

*sigh* Okay here it goes...

I just FINALLY took down my Christmas Trees this weekend.

:o

Here's what happened...

I find that I just don't have the ambition to do this anymore. This year it took us about a week to get the trees set up. DH was getting pretty tired of tripping over the boxes and he ended up putting the smaller tree up (I've GOT TO MAKE SURE THAT DOESN'T EVER HAPPEN AGAIN! The lights were a nightmare to take off the tree...and I'm thinking he might have done it that way on purpose...ya know that male "if I screw this up, I'll never have to do it again" thinking.) Okay so it took me a long time to get the trees put up.

Then we originally (when we first got married) left the trees up until my birthday Jan 4th. But then a few years back I heard at Church that some folks leave the tree up until Jan 6th for the Epiphany...and I thought that was a cool idea.

BUT ever since I've left the trees up til the 6th, I've never had the drive to get them back down again.

This year has totally been the worst. I've never left my tree up until Feb before. And honestly the only reason I took it down now is that my friend is coming over next weekend and I was too embarrased for her to see the trees still up, but she'll know about it cuz she reads my blog. *sigh*

Oh and I have absolutely NO help whatsoever with taking down the trees. Darly will decorate the trees, but she won't take them down. And all DH did was complain loudly about the trees still being up. (ya, that's a big help dear!)

So now, finally they're down. *sigh* Next comes Easter...WHy is it EARLY this year? I guess the good thing about an early Easter is that Darly doesn't have to share her birthday with it again.

UPDATE: I vacuumed up all the fake needles from my trees and with help from DH & Darly we got all my furniture (including the recliner that was moved upstairs for my mom's visit) moved back to their oringinal locations...marked by the holes in our carpet. So now my house is almost completely undecorated...there's still a Christmas Welcome sign and I noticed a door hanger still out. oops!

12 comments:

  1. ROFL

    My mom's is still up too she informed me yesterday. And she still lights it every night. Good thing she went artificial this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry yourself too much about it - it will come down when it comes down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why I have fake too... I would leave mine up longer IF I had the room for it ;) Merry Christmas in February! It's never too late to celebrate Jesus' birth! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just took mine down tonight...does that help you any? at all? (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, this was a bad year for me, treewise, too! I just didn't give a darn about any of it.

    Maybe I need to adjust my meds?

    I'm glad you're done now!

    Hopefully I'll remember all this next year when I start to go overboard decorating again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took my tree down, but I JUST now got all the boxes of decorations out of the house. I don't know what it was about this year. Just know.. you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when i was growing up the family 2 houses down left their tree up until almost July!!! no lie! they re-decorated it for all of the holidays from January to the 4th of July. then it was just way too dead and really had hardly any needles left on it. they were very strange. - Meezer Mom Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would take off the Christmas decorations and just leave the tree up all year...afterall, rooms looks so nice with greenery:~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. On second thought...you could leave all of the decorations in place and tell anyone who asks that you have decided to get ready for Christmas 2008 early.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh!!!! I don't think I can be friends with you anymore cuz of this! How horribly terrible of you! ;) Sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I thought we were bad. Ours came down toward the middle of January!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaha. That's funny. You could have just hung some hearts on it and called it a Valentine Tree.

    I also find having company is sometimes the only motivation I have for doing certain things.

    ya know that male "if I screw this up, I'll never have to do it again" thinking

    I'm vaguely familiar with that. Wonder where we learn that? I don't remember going to any kind of class or anything.

    ReplyDelete