Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's so great to have friends like you!

I found out from my last post that I'm not quite as crazy as I though...

TC said...
ROFL
My mom's is still up too she informed me yesterday. And she still lights it every night. Good thing she went artificial this year!
gotta love those artificial trees! Well at least I wasn’t still lighting my tree or opening the blinds to show it off to all my neighbors…well probably because I was embarrassed to have it still be up.

Goofy Girl said...
I wouldn't worry yourself too much about it - it will come down when it comes down! :)
awww thanks! But you’re way busier than I am and you tree was already down! LOL!

H.N. Eisley said...
That is why I have fake too... I would leave mine up longer IF I had the room for it ;) Merry Christmas in February! It's never too late to celebrate Jesus' birth! You rock!
umm actually we weren’t celebrating any longer…just none of us had the ambition to take it down. But I “could” say that we were still celebrating. LOL!

Jennifer said...
I just took mine down tonight...does that help you any? at all? (((hugs)))
I’m so glad to know that I’m not abnormal and that lots of my friends still have their trees up too.

Jen said...
Man, this was a bad year for me, treewise, too! I just didn't give a darn about any of it.
Maybe I need to adjust my meds?
I'm glad you're done now!
Hopefully I'll remember all this next year when I start to go overboard decorating again...
I don’t have any meds to adjust. And yes, I do hope that next year when Darly says let’s do this and let’s do that, that I can remember to tell her about this year! Or I could just say…”Anything that you put up, you have to take down!” LOL! Mean Mom strikes again!

Judy Thomas said...
I took my tree down, but I JUST now got all the boxes of decorations out of the house. I don't know what it was about this year. Just know.. you are not alone!
so glad to know I’m among friends who understand me!

The Meezers said...
when i was growing up the family 2 houses down left their tree up until almost July!!! no lie! they re-decorated it for all of the holidays from January to the 4th of July. then it was just way too dead and really had hardly any needles left on it. they were very strange. - Meezer Mom Mary
WOW! At least my trees were artificial and didn’t drop too many needles on the floor…which by the way irritates me, why is this fake tree dropping needles???

Lynn said...
I would take off the Christmas decorations and just leave the tree up all year...afterall, rooms looks so nice with greenery:~)
Lynn said...
On second thought...you could leave all of the decorations in place and tell anyone who asks that you have decided to get ready for Christmas 2008 early.
there’s just two problems with that idea… 1) we have to move our furniture to fit the trees in where we put them and our one chair gets moved into the dining room until we take the trees down. 2) our second tree is set in front of the air intake for our furnace and that vent sucks in all the air and dust and dog hair from the downstairs…and the tree skirt is a really good filter (don’t ask about the tree!) so I had to clean the tree skirt before we could put it away. The floor is much easier to vacuum than the tree skirt is to clean.


Haley-O said...
Ahhhhh!!!! I don't think I can be friends with you anymore cuz of this! How horribly terrible of you! ;) Sooo funny!
:( That’s not fair that you won’t be my friend any more cuz I have a different religion than you. And it’s also not fair that you have it so much easier than I do with the decorations. (kinda makes me wanna convert ;o) )

Kailani said...
And I thought we were bad. Ours came down toward the middle of January!
yet another true friend. Maybe we need to start up a club of folks who keep their trees up. Hee hee


Bone said...
Hahahaha. That's funny. You could have just hung some hearts on it and called it a Valentine Tree.
I also find having company is sometimes the only motivation I have for doing certain things.
ya know that male "if I screw this up, I'll never have to do it again" thinking
I'm vaguely familiar with that. Wonder where we learn that? I don't remember going to any kind of class or anything.
I tried to get DH to go for keeping it up until his birthday, but he didn’t want a birthday tree…go figure! And yes, if it weren’t for company I wouldn’t get anything done around this place. Mom is due out in April, so I’ll be tearing my hair out in March to clean this place up again!
And you’re only vaguely familiar? Yeah right. Like I’m supposed to believe that. I think it’s part of the male DNA!


It does my heart and sanity so good to have all of you support me with your kind words. Thanks everyone! I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, birds of a feather REALLY DO flock together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not like MY tree's still up... just my mom's ;-)

    I took mine down the week after Epiphany. I wanted to get it down the 6th, but I don't think I got it down until the 10th. And that was too late considering I had a real tree... pine needles EVERYWHERE let me tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I have a confession to make. I have a little tree (2 feet tall) that I put out because Sammy and Miles are BAD when it comes to the big tree. I am sitting here looking at it on the coffee table across the room. I have said about 50 times this week, "I really have to take that thing down to the basement" but it's still there. mocking me. With only about 2 ornaments left on it because Sammy thinks they're kitty bowling balls.
    Stop mocking me stupid Christmas tree.
    Meezer Mom Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but I want Santa and the Easter Bunny, and, and, and, SANTA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my. While visiting my sister we would stare at this Xmas tree in an apartment across the street. Then we realized the place was empty and those people took their things but left the innocent tree (and the ornaments!) behind. Tsk tsk!

    ReplyDelete