Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pizzagna recipe

Here is Rachal Ray's version.

And here is mine:

jarred pizza sauce
favorite pizza toppings (we like peperoni & canadian bacon {and I like mushrooms!})
shredded motzarella cheese
shredded parmesan cheese
cottage cheese (you can use ricotta, but my family prefers this)
wide egg noodles

cook your noodles according to the directions and drain them. In the noodle pot, I mix the pizza sauce with the cooked & cut into bite sized pizza toppings with cottage cheese...heat this through. Then add the noodles back in.

I just serve this from the pot and add the shredded cheeses at the table (let everyone put on their own) but you could also put this in a casserole, top with the cheese and melt it in the oven.

I didn't put the amounts because you can adjust this to how much you need to feed your sized family. For us I use 2 jars of sauce, one 16 oz container of cottage cheese & one packet each of the toppings...oh and I have no idea how much noodles I use...it's like 6 handfuls dry. For the 3 of us I can get it to feed us for 3 days. I'm pretty sure that my version is done in way less than 30 min. LOL!

Oh and if you Must have Pizza Crust, some crusty French Bread or bread sticks work really well.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds good: now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I am definitely going to try this one. I think my kiddos will love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hungry already...thanks so much for the recipe!!
    ((hugs)) although my waistline is complaining, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. This looks like something my humans would like. I'll have to tell Mom. Maybe she'll let me taste test the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo...this sounds so yummy. Hubby is on a no-pizza diet but maybe I could pass this recipe off as a "healthy" alternative. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds yummilicious! (without the pepperoni and canadian bacon :~) Elle would never eat this (because it has cheese in it, but the rest of the family would. Thanks for another recipe idea:~)

    ReplyDelete