Monday, August 28, 2006

Stuff I'm lookin at doing in Williamsburg

okay folks, if you've been, I need your honest review of this stuff. If you haven't been, keep checking for the info.

edited to ad Carmen's recommendations
edited again to add my friend Dana's picks (she doesn't blog :o ) they're marked by ** in front

Williamsburg
Governor’s Palace DEFINITELY
Wythe House GOOD BET
**Courthouse GOOD BET
Magazine
Peyton Randolph House
Public Gaol
Capitol Good to see, don't know if you need to tour it
Bassett Hall
Revolutionary City YES
Great Hopes Plantation As time allows
Palace Green
The Maze (@Governor’s Palace)
Bruton Parish Church (I don’t think there’s any tour) no tour. As time allows.
Geddy House
Colonial Garden
Benjamin Powell House
Mary Smith House
**Post Office
Releigh Tavern
Wren Building (William & Mary College)
Brickyard
Palace Kitchen
Fifes & Drums
Play Booth Theatre
**Blacksmith Shop
Wigmaker Goofy Girl says this one is good!
**Milliner & Tailor

Jamestown
**Historic Jamestown & Jamestown Settlement MOSTEST DEFINITELY

Yorktown Victory Center & Yorktown Nat’l Battlefield MOSTEST DEFINITELY

Thanks so much for your suggestions Carmen. I really do appreciate it. And if anyone else has comments on the other stuff listed, lemme know and I'll be happy to add your reviews too.

Oh this is gonna be fun!

UPDATE: I've booked the flight and car. So it's pretty much a done deal. I'll call up the hotel tomorrow as I keep getting mixed messages on the web...but it looks like we'll be getting a discount. And I also need to call about the tickets for all the tours.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that'll be quite a day, if you do all that.

    I found my sunglasses, by the way. I know you were concerned :)

    "If you take everything I've accomplished in my entir life, and condense it down into one day, it looks decent."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, that was me. I was still logged into Janet's account for her photoblog.

    Anyways, I don't remember the specific places in Williamsburg, but when they are boring I just walk out.

    Jamestown had glass blowing when I was there as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that all looks really cool! How long will you be there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Williamsburg
    Governor’s Palace - DEFINITELY
    Wythe House - GOOD BET
    Courthouse - GOOD BET
    Magazine - Don't know
    Peyton Randolph House - Do't know
    Public Gaol - Don't knonw
    Capitol - Good to see, don't know if you need to tour it
    Bassett Hall - don't know
    Revolutionary City - YES
    Great Hopes Plantation - As time allows
    Palace Green - don't know
    The Maze (@Governor’s Palace) - don't know
    Bruton Parish Church (I don’t think there’s any tour) - no tour. As time allows.
    Geddy House - don't know
    Colonial Garden - don't know
    Benjamin Powell House - don't know
    Mary Smith House - don't know
    Post Office - don't know
    Releigh Tavern - don't know
    Wren Building (William & Mary College) - the college is quite beautiful. You know, Thomas Jefferson ATTENDED William and Mary, but then he went and BUILT UVA ;) (my school)

    The rest of these, I don't know.
    Brickyard
    Palace Kitchen
    Fifes & Drums
    Play Booth Theatre
    Blacksmith Shop
    Wigmaker
    Milliner & Tailor

    Jamestown -
    Historic Jamestown & Jamestown Settlement - MOSTEST DEFINITELY

    Yorktown Victory Center & Yorktown Nat’l Battlefield - MOSTEST DEFINITELY

    Jamestown, done right, will take you about a day. Yorktown about a half a day.

    Hope that helps some. I haven't been to Williamsburg in ages, so I don't feel that I can help on a lot of it. But I do know the things that you can't miss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to Jamestown - its good, but it's a lot of history and you really need to take the tour - or find a school group and sneak in. :-) It was fascinating!

    A friend of mine did Williamsburg. She did this tour thing where the children dress like children of the day and take part in activities designed to help them learn what life was like. They had a great time!

    We haven't done much since we just arrived 2 yrs. ago. My parents want to do Williamsburg with us, so we are waiting on that one.

    Have fun!!
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been there but sounds like a wonderful trip. Looking forward to reading all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Wigmaker!! I like the Wigmaker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You absolutely must go to Lightfoot, Va and go to the huge pottery place. They take tour buses there. It's fabulous and just outside of Williamsburg. They have everything imaginable and have expanded to a huge outlet mall.

    Did you know that you tour to brewery from Bush Gardens?

    Make sure you see the wigmaker and go to the Bakery. They have the best gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. no problem at all. happy to help. You'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ms Renee - we would like to just fank you for stopping by our blog wif your kind werds about Trixie. We is 'acited to have a purrson reader! Sammy and Miles

    ReplyDelete