Thursday, January 31, 2008

I did a stupid thing the other day...

I was trying to sign up online for a free sample of Clorox Wipes. And I should have RUN as soon as the second screen came up...but I didn't cuz I wanted those wipes. The second screen was filled with other offers.

I clicked NO on all the other offers. But then the site is telling me that I have to accept one of the offers to get my wipes. WHAT? They're just wipes for petes sake! I still said NO to all the offers. Finally I just gave up on my wipes.

Now my email spambox is loaded with offers from every tom richard & harry, offering everything from mortgages & insurance to medications to enlarge my richard. Thank goodness my email provider dumps them all into the spam box, but it's getting ridiculous...the box is getting about 3 offers an hour!

UPDATE: I do have a SPAM email account that this spam is going there. And yes I could ignore the spam, it all goes directly into that folder...but I love looking at the subjects, it's so funny! So I look (I don't open any of them) and I delete them. It just seems sad that a person should have to put up with this for some lousy wipes.

9 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to count the number of offers I get a day to enlarge my penis. Which would be an interesting little trick as I don't have one to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spam? i hear that it's good when you slice it and fry it. - Miles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should get an alternate email address that you use for free offers or other things that if you give the email it might generate spam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one email address that I use strictly for offers. Whenever any business asks me for my email address, I give them that one. That leaves my real one for my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pain, I never get spam my isp kills it at their end lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom said she learned that lesson the hard way too. Thank you so much for visiting my blog during my surgery and diagnosis, and for leaving such encouraging comments. I am so thankful to have so many supportive friends. Purrs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Few things upset me more than the underhanded tactics used by marketers to inundate us with messages we neither ask for, want or need.

    It's enough to make me swear off e-mail for good. Other messaging technologies are evolving that could make this little pipe dream of mine a reality someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go check An Island Life! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having several free email accounts may be a pain but it certainly helps separate the important emails from the "spammy" ones. And you know what they say..."nothing's ever really free in life."

    ReplyDelete