Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Weekend update

hummm what did I do this weekend? It seems that I did most of my doing on Monday.

Saturday I didn't do a lot, I think I mostly got my calendars all updated with all our activities for the next few months. I did noticed that I had us starting going to Confirmation classes an entire week before they actually start. oops! Oh well, I'm sure Darly won't mind not having to go to one. hee hee

Sunday after we went to Church we went over to MIL's house so that DH could take care of her yard. While we were there we got to visit with MIL's neighbor's new puppy. Oh this poor puppy. The neighbor doesn't have a clue as to how to train him so he's just doing what puppies do. When I reached through the fence he greeted me by chomping on my hand. I hollered "OUCH!" and he immediately quit thinking I was something to "nom" on. So apparently he is still young enough to learn. This lady is trying to sell her house, yet instead of housebreaking her dog, she shows her house with newspapers over the puppy's favorite potty spot in the house. And she has NOT used the training tip that I gave her 2 weeks ago. sigh! I'm about ready to say "give me the dog and I'll have him all trained in 2 weeks...in the meantime have your carpets cleaned with enzymes so he won't be able to smell his scent in the house." And on the other hand I also think that perhaps just letting her fail at this would be a good lesson for her. Oh well.

Monday was the day that everything happened. I did a bunch of stuff for my homeschool support group as we were having our membership drive...that was the easy part. The hard stuff was, I did the laundry (DH & Darly helped fold the clothes...although Darly did let a basket of shirts get all wrinkled...so I popped them back into the dryer, cuz I don't iron!) I trimmed the dog's toenails. She wasn't happy but I did all of them without getting any of the quicks so she should be happy about that. I cleaned the rabbit's cage. They of course were not happy with the human invasion in their room, but loved the fresh hay when I was done. And then DH suggested that we FINALLY paint the master bathroom to match the master bedroom.

I painted the bedroom 3 years ago when DH had to go to the gulf coast for Hurricane Katrina aid. I would have done the bathroom then, but the thing I hate about painting is the taping and protecting everything you don't want painted. It's a royal pain in the tushie. And this bathroom has sooooooo much stuff that needed taping. So 3 years ago, DH said that he would tape it all off if I painted it. And yesterday he finally got around to doing it.

I had originally typed up a full description of my bathroom to share all the taping that needed to be done, but after looking at it decided to spare you the "bloody details."

While DH was taping I ran to the hardware store to pick up some supplies to finish the job.

The painting itself went very quickly. We sponge painted the room in two shades of paint. The technique involves mixing the paint with half water to make it easier to work with and then tapping the sponges against the wall in a random pattern.

Darly was eager to help out and was a real asset for a lot of the areas where tiny hands and arms were a must! She did a great job and my bathroom looks great...finally.

4 comments:

  1. Are you copying OK Chick too? :)

    Sounds like a successful weekend at the very least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, you got a lot done this weekend...

    Can't wait for pictures of the new bathroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poor puppy! He's only doing what he knows. If he doesn't get trained soon, she's going to have a hard time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew some people who had puppy training issues. 9 out of 10 times when I'd visit, I'd find a puppy surprise somewhere on the floor. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete