Saturday, January 07, 2006

By popular demand... but you'll wish that you didn't

Well here it is as promised...

Here is what happened for my Birthday "celebration"...

Okay, my birthday was Wednesday. DH normally takes off from work on all of our birthdays (except the dog's), but his co-workers decided that starting in the new year they would have a meeting on the Wednesday before their drill. This particular Wednesday is AKA my birthday.
So instead of having Wed off he was home Tue, Thurs & Friday.

So on Wednesday, I wake up to an empty house. Darly & dog were both still asleep & DH was gone to work. No note, no presents, nothing. So I make my coffee and begin my usual morning stuff... also getting the laundry started. YIPPEE!
Wednesdays are our Homeschooling Group's park day so I tried to wake Darly up to go to that... but she wasn't interested, so we stayed home and did laundry.
I also got to do a project for Church.
When DH got home we had dinner, a pork roast (that Darly hated). And then I got to open up my gifts.

Darly got me a Glade Thomas Kinkaide candle and a heart shaped Sweettarts box of candy.
DH got me a bag of Hershey's Caramel Kisses and a really lousy card! (this bad card thing has been getting on my nerves! So I tried to let him know how unpleased I was by mentioning that they have a whole section of cards for WIVES in every card shop...even at Wal-Mart! He tried to say that they didn't have ANYTHING good where they bought the cards.) BLECH!

Dh said that something else would be coming in the mail soon.

On Thursday DH was home all day and it was pretty much an ordinary day with him home. I cleaned out the pantry and DH "cleaned" the office (I don't see any difference and I know that he threw out some stuff. Oh maybe that was the stuff to shred which is now sitting by the shredder.)

When I went to the mailbox, I noticed a package from my mom. Mom got me another Bundt Pan (this one is the pretty holiday tree shaped pan). I still do not bake bundt cakes. So dh & I discussed what I should do with it. We decided that even if the store gave me barely anything for it, that I should return it because I won't ever use it and someone somewhere should have the joy of cooking with it.

Then they took me out to dinner at Black Angus steak house (sorry Running2ks, we're carnivores here.) The meal was good, but the service was LOUSY! Apparently they didn't have enough people working because folks had to wait 20-30 min for a table when there were 4 tables in front of where we were seated all empty.

In Friday's mail I got my other present from DH and a card from my grandmother. My other present was a memory card for my camera. But DH mentions that the card can also be used in a MP3 player (that he doesn't have). So I say "so I have to share this with you like the memory stick?" I also get to share my bag of caramel kisses.

And that's it!

As you may have noticed, I wasn't thrilled. I guess that after my HUGE Christmas, I should have known better. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. LOL - You make out much better than I usually do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very low-key, but so sweet too.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete