Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday Memories: a recent memory...


Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you about How I HATE Cell phones?


I really Hate cell phones. Not that the phones themselves are bad. I have one myself. It's the other people out there using cell phones in a bad way that really drive me up a wall.

On Monday 2 weeks ago I was at Darly's gymnastics gym. Because of the crazy parking lot there, we get there really early each week. So we are waiting for her class to start in 20 minutes. There is this little 2 y/o girl there with her mom waiting for her big sister to get out of class. The classes are all an hour long and there is NOTHING to do but watch the kids or sit. Mom is sitting and chatting on her cell phone with who knows who...but little 2y/o is tired of watching the big sister's class and has nothing to do. She keeps asking mom when big sis will be done, but mom who is on the phone keeps ignoring her. 2y/o tries to run around the room, but mom won't let her. 2y/o tries to watch the other class, but mom won't let her. Mom continues to talk on the phone for the ENTIRE time ignoring 2y/o. The most Mom says to 2y/o is "that's enough." So by the time the class is over 2y/o has HAD IT. Big sis comes out of class and 2y/o just bursts into tears and can not be consoled. Mom had finally gotten off the phone and looks totally dumbfounded when people are giving her looks as to why her kid is behaving like this.
Another mom says "Somebody's tired." I had to correct her "No, somebody has been ignored for the past hour." GRRR!

I hate it when I'm in line and a person in front of me is so into their conversation on the cell phone that they can not even interact with the cashier to complete their transaction...but do they get off the phone...NO! GRRR!

I hate it when I see a mom who has just loaded her kids into the mini-van, hop into her seat and click on her phone to call someone. As if driving requires a phone conservation. Who is she calling? And are her kids' lives really worth it?

Another time Darly & I went to McD's for lunch. A mom in front of us had finished placing her order, and pulls out her phone. "Hey! What are you doing?... Me? I'm waiting for my order at McD's... yeah, we'll be here about 20 min I figure and then we'll come over, okay?...yada...yada...yada..." I hate hearing someone else's entire conservation.

I hate it that our Pastors at Church have to remind folks to "set their cells to stunn and to take their calls outside of the sanctuary" during service. I also hate it that our Pastor used to wear his cell phone during service. I haven't seen it in a long time, so maybe someone else told him to get rid of it or maybe there was something important going on at that time.

Oh and I hate that a few people that I know seem to have their DHs checking up on them ALL THE TIME with their cells. This one friend's DH calls her about every hour it seems. That just seems to me to be too much. What in the world do they talk about when they are together? He knows what they did all day because he kept calling.

Okay, I know this kinda went off of the whole monday memory stuff...but that memory of the 2y/o was really getting to me and I had to download it. Thanks for reading...


Links to other Monday Memories
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below)






Click here for the Monday Memories code
Click here for Running2Ks blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!



3 comments:

  1. GRR, I agree--that woman GRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister always calls me when she's driving and feels somehow bored enough by that that she'd rather talk on the phone than pay attention to the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my opinion that cell phones should only be answered and used in private. No one else wants to hear what you're talking about! It should be against the law in ALL states to use one while driving...Duh!
    :)

    ReplyDelete