Monday, January 30, 2006

So What's Your Story?

I got this post idea from Kelly who got it from Liz...

They asked "what's your profile picture story?"

So here it is...



This picture was taken in October of 2004. It's at Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa FL. That's me with Darly & my Mom. I have to say right here that it is really really rare to get a picture of my Mom...she hates cameras. But somehow I talked her into it.

We talk kinda weird vacations. For this one we spent the first day at my Mom's house...mostly talking and buring wood on her property. This was just after the huricane season had ended and there were a lot of tree branches that had been knocked down. Darly had a blast chasing Anoles, throwing acorns into the fire and hearing them pop and seeing a snake in the yard. I wish that I had taken more pictures that day.

Day two we went to Busch Gardens without Nana. They had a bunch of stuff under construction (which stunk) but we got to see and do a lot too. The new African Safari part is cool with the animals up close. Darly liked the kids ride part.

Day three we went to Lowry Park with Nana. Darly loved it. We all thought that Lowry was better than Busch...more to see & do and cheaper too. That's where the picture was taken. That Manatee statue is at the entrance to the park. It has a water feature that the kids can play in during the summer. We could play in it in October too if we wanted to, it was certainly warm enough.

Day four we went to MOSI with Nana & Papa Vance.
Another fun day of learning. Papa Vance is a school teacher and just loved being able to teach his granddaughter. We got to do this really cool exhibit where you solve a mistery...collecting clues and looking at evidence.

I'll have to go & check out some of the other stories about the pictures. But I thought it was interesting how my profile pix and Kelly's both crop out everyone else. I picked this picture because I think that I look really good in it and I think that Kelly looks great in hers too.

6 comments:

  1. That is really cool! I have profile pic right after a haircut, last year in Florida, and then the one drawn by Ellen. I love your story :)

    Just popping in to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, you outed "Darly"'s name there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I love to hear the stories behind pictures.

    http://www.danno.org/blogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always had it in my mind that you were at your house in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun vacation! My mom doesn't like having her picture taken either - just like me.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool! :) I used to take good pics..but not anymore. I always look like my eyes are bugging out.

    ReplyDelete