Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sleepin' Around


Thirteen Things about Renée


This is all Running2Ks fault ;o) She started with a post 4 states you've lived in and then commented about me sleeping in more states than her... so here's the proof... Here's all the states that I have slept in...

Alabama - probably. As a kid my parents drove all night on our family vacations to go to FL from LA. It would have been a short time sleeping in that state as we drove threw the very bottom part.
Arizona - No, but I've been there while visiting NV. Someone talked us into going to Laughlin. BAH! I think that I baked part of myself.
Arkansas - Yes, on a Church trip to see the Christ of the Ozarks play.
California - Yes, more than once on vacations
Colorado - live there
Florida - used to live there
Georgia - yes, while someone else was driving through the state.
Hawaii - yes, on vacation! Aloha Baby!
Idaho - yes, on the way to WA
Kansas - yes, my great grandfather lived there and we visited him many times
Louisiana - yes, unfortunately I was born there
Maryland - no, but drove through
Michigan - yes, last July
Mississippi - yes, see the AL car trips
Nebraska - yes, as a kid on the way to SD
Nevada - yes, been to Vegas numerous times...once while pregnant (NOT RECOMMENDED!)
North Carolina - yes, Asheville (to see the Biltmore Estate)
Ohio - no... at least I don't think so. I might have napped in the car.
Oklahoma - yes, that's a sleepy state
Oregon - probably, drove threw
Pennsylvania - Yes and I went to Kennywood too! {when I lived in WV I over heard a kid exclaim that "I bet everyone in the whole wide world has been to Kennywood!" Well at that time, I hadn't been. But I figured if everyone else had been that I had better go there quickly. jk}
South Dakota - yes, I have relatives there
Tennessee - yes
Texas - oh yes, we lived there
Utah - yes and let me tell you that after living to the east of the Rocky Mtns for many years and driving at night to get to Salt Lake...waking up with the Rockys on the "wrong" side of you is very very weird!!!
Virginia - yes, in the car again
Washington - yes, we had to drive our car to WA so it could be shipped to Korea.
West Virginia - yes, I lived there... in my past life (no, I'm not crazy. I call everything that happened before I met DH, my past life.)
Wyoming - yes, we lived there... Darly was born there.


UPDATE: I forgot about the following states:
Montana - family vacation
New Mexico - driving threw very NE corner from TX to CO
South Carolina - probably didn't sleep, but drove threw

I know that I promised a list of my birthday gifts for this week's 13, but they're still coming... DH & Darly got me some candy and a candle, so far. I'm not too sure what's up with the candy from DH though... I thought that he wanted me to be thinner (as if that's ever gonna happen!) I'm also to get to go out for dinner tomorrow night.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. squashedtoad 2. ivoryfrog 3. Lisa 4. phoenix 5. Lazy Daisy 6. Kat 7. D 8. Running2Ks 9. Jennifer 10. laura 11. yellowrose 12. Jen 13. chickadee 14. sallwood 15. Veronika 16. bone 17. Prairierose 18. audra 19. Dawn N. 20. barbara 21. Karin 22. leanne 23. uzicue 24. Lisa @ The World.. 25. deejay 26. tc 27. texas ivy 28. holly 29. master enigma 30. Allison 31. Charity 32. ms. crystal 33. Jane 34. themartins 35. anna 36. fondofsnape janet 37. Heather 38. Nicole

and new this week... 1. Uisce 2. Mom's secret life (cool name huh?) 3. gabrielle 4. peri 5. shelli 6. drama queen 7. goofy girl 8. mommaK 9. Kimmy and Jacob

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



28 comments:

  1. Sleeping around, you're a nut! What a fun idea for a 13!

    Happy belated birthday by the way. I'm a dork. What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list -- I'll have to get out a map and see if I've even been to 13 states! :)

    My 13 are up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you sure 'get around'!
    Here are my 13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, you've been to a lot of places! I'm jealous! LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

    http://www.danno.org/blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oklahoma is a sleepy state? Uh yeah, I'm always up for a good power nap. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Oh no I would hate to start this list for myself, I think I would leave like 3 states out...Happy Belated Birthday fellow Cap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it might be easier to list the states you haven't slept in!

    I'm new to the TT thing, although I avidly read Jen's every week. I enjoy reading your comments there too. :-)

    BTW, my blogger ID is just for my "bad witch" blog, but if you want to see that, ok. My TT is up at Xanga (http://www.xanga.com/immax3)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, you are worse that some politicians! LOL

    I bow to the master, I'm not worthy!

    My 13 are up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here are my 13.

    I haven't visited nearly that many states.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great theme, Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My list is similar, Rene. Dad was a sailor during "Nam. I've wandered on my own a good share. Never been to California or Alabama though. Does sleeping on a plane as you may have flown over count?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting list.

    When were you in Korea. I spent 16 months of my life at Camp Humphries in Korea.

    I know I am late but I finally got my 13 up at http://www.20six.co.uk/Enigma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:06 PM

    what a great idea for 13
    that is a lotta places.

    my thirteen:
    http://perispostings.blogspot.com/2006/01/thursday-thirteen-5-january-2006.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been to even half o those states...lol

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I'm so lame - I haven't been to that many at ALL! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I linked you! Thanks for linking me! I think I've slept in about as many states as you have. I'll have to get out a map, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:05 AM

    Thats a lot of sleep time! I guess sleeping makes the time traveling go by faster though!

    Thanks for commenting on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All: Glad that y'all enjoyed the topic. It was kinda fun doing the research for it. I sat down with my map and for some had to look at the interstates... Ya know, I think that I forgot that I've slept in MT too... did I forget that one? Gotta check.

    Gonna have to think of another good topic for next week...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Renee - You are very well traveled. I'm expecting to see Renee Slept Here signs next time I'm on vaction.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Damn, you've got me beat. I've been to more foreign countries than I have US states. All for work, pre-kids, of course.

    I did notice you do a lot of sleeping the car. Lucky you. I would love to sleep on long road trips, but if makes me barf. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm going to have to count my states too! Fun post :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you've been to a ton of states! All the states I've been to are all right next to each other.

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...that's quite a list. I think mine would be long too. We've done a lot of moving around and car trips.

    Hope you have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! you have slept in a heck of a lot of states!! I've slept in a few (I enjoyed Arizona, but I went there during the cooler time of the year).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohmigoodness! You get around :p
    I don't even think I've slept that much!
    I can't believe you haven't been to Indiana...hello! Farmland, construction, the Colts (says Jacob), IU/PU/ND football and,of course, BASKETBALL (again, from Jacob)...the home of Michael Jackson...don't let that be the reason you don't visit!!! :D
    New to blogging and TT...I'm in love!
    My list is up.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yeah! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete