Thursday, February 01, 2007

hanging in there

Nope, I'm still mad. Probably because they're still doing what was making me angry. There aren't any Christian songs about being really mad at anyone. Go figure.

Funny thing though about 11 or 12 years ago my favorite songs were about being really angry. I don't think that we put those CDs in the CD player...I sure hope not. I should try to get rid of them...don't need Darly hearing that junk.

Not too long ago our sermon was about waiting for God. I wrote on my bulletin to Darly this song...she didn't get it. I had to explain it to her in the car later.

MercyMe - Hold Fast
From the album Coming Up To Breathe

To everyone who’s hurting
To those who’ve had enough
To all the undeserving
That should cover all of us
Please do not let go
I promise there is hope

Chorus:
Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He’s come to save the day
What I’ve learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grip
So hold fast

Will this season ever pass
Can we stop this ride
Will we see the sun at last
Or could this be our lot in life
Please do not let go
I promise you there’s hope

Chorus:

You may think you’re all alone
And there’s no way that anyone could know
What you’re going through
But if you only hear one thing
Just understand that we are all the same
Searching for the truth
The truth of what we’re soon to face
Unless someone comes to take our place
Is there anyone
All we want is to be free
Free from our captivity Lord
Here He comes

Chorus:

Label: Integrity Music


This evening Darly reminded me that my "New Year's Resolution" was to Smack Stupid People In The Head. LOL!

11 comments:

  1. Some stupid people just need to be smacked! I'm with Darly!!
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't any Christian songs about being really mad at anyone. Go figure.

    I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

    Good for Darly. You gotta keep up those resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There aren't any Christian songs about being really mad at anyone. Go figure.

    Why is that do you think? ;)

    Sorry to hear that things aren't going any better for you: hope they improve soon!

    Btw, I think I should take lessons from you on NYR... I might actually make them/keep them if they were like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can line up lots of stupid people for you to smack. :)

    I like the song lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read a devotional about taking time and just being still before God, to ask Him for the peace that we need to get through each and everyday. I hope that you find time to be still. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anger is a healthy human reaction that can spur you into action. Not sure what's unchristian about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that you are still upset. Just remember that things happen for a reason. The lessons we need to learn (whether it's patience, speaking up for ourselves or something else altogether)are given to us just when we need them the most. In time, if you are lucky, the reasons will be revealed to you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there, I have lots of days when I want to smack stupid people in the head too lol.
    BTW Auditions are a bust so I did a new post and we will try again at the end of the month.
    I think I lost most of my readers LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angry songs are a good way to release tension.

    "There aren't any Christian songs about being really mad at anyone. Go figure."

    Probably because Christians are supposed to be all forgiving and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If nothing else, that resolution makes you feel better just by thinking of it. So go you!

    ReplyDelete