Monday, May 21, 2007

email conversation with DH this morning...

sometimes these posts just write themselves.

This morning I woke up because I could hear my dog Lilly shaking her self. This shakes her collar which makes a horrible rattling noise. (I took the dog tags off of it a long time ago...who knows where they are anymore...I should find them one day.) The thing is that normally I wouldn't hear this noise because normally Lilly is in her bedroom (aka my laundry room) until I let her out in the morning. Because if I decide to sleep in if she were loose she would start whining and that just can not happen. I NEED my sleep.

So SOMEONE must have let her out this morning. So I emailed DH about it. Here's what has transpired so far...

ME: Any idea why the dog was out to wake me up this morning?

DH: She wanted to greet you first thing. Wasn't she smiling with a big waggy tail?

ME: Yup! She sure was. But how did she open the door?

DH: She is pretty smart. Maybe she pushed the food container over there and stood on her tippy toes and pulled the door handle, unlatching the door, then moved the container back out of the way and sneaked out?

ME: I think she had an accomplice.

DH: Is she talking?

ME: No, she's snoozing.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So far I haven't heard back from him. I guess he must have gotten pulled away to do real work. I'll update if I hear anymore from him. The Mystery continues...

BTW: I should note here that Lilly & DH are the bestest of buddies. He spoils her rotten. So I'm sure that Lilly enjoyed some Captain Crunch cereal with DH this am and got lots of rubs while DH ate his breakfast.
And before you ask...NO! I do not get up and make DH breakfast each morning. He and Darly are quite capable of pouring cereal into a bowl each moring all by themselves. Can you believe that I had a Church secretary ask me about that once. LOL! I guess times have changed a bunch, she must have been getting up each morning to make her husband's breakfast.

14 comments:

  1. See, these are the kind of emails that you print and save in a special place for when you need a smile. :) That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I had no idea Tom was so funny, or devious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when the blog entries write themselves!

    My sister kept her dog in the laundry room, too. But then it got big and her husband made her start keeping it outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they sticking to their stories?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like they are definitely in cahoots !
    Our dog is having a bit of a nervous breakdown right now his owner Mr 20 moved out, the dog however did not. ARGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure it wasn't the tooth fairy? I mean, if it was your DH that let Lilly our of her bedroom, of course he would fess up to it. (note the sarcasm in my keystrokes)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahha Lily is quite the clever one isn't she!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woke up the same way this morning. Our little JRT decided I had slept enough and opted to stand on my chest and alternate between growling and whining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...a dog that opens doors...I think this calls for an appearance on any of the many daytime talk shows highlighting brilliant animals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. captain crunch, I'll bet I haven't eaten that in twenty years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a talented dog! ;-) Not to mention a sneaky hubby... lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a hoot.

    I was always willing to make breakfast but eaters had to be willing to get up when I served it, usually 6 am. Consequently my kids became very proficient with a cereal bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I agree with Carmen: that's a cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I is SHUR that Lilly is smart enuf to open the door herself! - Miles

    ReplyDelete