Thursday, May 03, 2007

Latest breaking news...

The Microwave was installed Wednesday night. The only problem we had was that there is some duct work behind that wall and DH had to avoid that...the previous microwave was drilled right into it! After we negotiated that it went in pretty easily.

Darly helped too by standing on the kitchen counter and pulling the cord through the hole...afterward there were little black footy prints on my counter! I so hate white counter tops!

But it is in and it works! Tonight's dinner was so much easier to make. AHHHH!

Pictures to come... I need to dig through my files and see if there is one that might show the old microwave.

Here's the old microwave...well part of it. I didn't think to ever preserve it.

And here is the new one. You might notice that it sticks out a bit more than the old one did. I didn't realize until we got it in that I bought one that was 2 inches deeper. I was just awed by it's size...did I tell you that it is 2 cubic feet??? I'm now wondering just what I'm going to do with all that space. LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the successful installation of your new microwave. We have one that looks similar, and we love it! That was a good idea to post the before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...in that picture it looks like a white stove & microwave... but they are both bisque. It goes well with the counter tops which are white and drive me nuts.
    One day I hope to replace the countertops along with the cabinets. But that's a dream that probably not happen.
    We have a huge list of other things that out rank the new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Definitely the right color choice. Brightens up the whole kitchen.

    ReplyDelete