Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's Thursday Thirteen again!

Can you believe it? nah, me neither. ha ha

I got this idea from Uisce. So enjoy these random thoughts about my life (and send any blame to Uisce ;) )

1. After Darly & I went to see Rose on Monday morning we haven't been back to see her. I think we are both suffering from kitten withdrawl.

2. I still haven't heard from Rose's owner and that bothered me, but I saw the owner's sister yesterday at Church. Turns out they had gone together on the trip so she (the sister) was able fill me in on the return. I gave the house key to the sister.

3. I was asked to come into Church on Tuesday to get the newsletters ready for mailing at 2pm.

4. The Church secretary left the newsletter on the Office Manager's desk but didn't leave any instructions. So the Manager ran the copies and had the helpers who were already in the office begin to work on them...so by the time I got there at 2pm, most of the work was done!

5. All I had to do (with another helper!) was to tape the newsletters shut and count them for the post office paperwork...and I really didn't have to count them, I just did that 'cuz the other helpers had done all the real work.

6. Tuesday night I met up with some friends at Panera Bread for dinner. I like their Half & Half...you get to choose 2 from 1/2 a sandwich, soup or salad. I like the sandwich & soup...but last night I tried the Spring Vegetable soup. WARNING this soup is NOT Vegetarian! There was so much meat in there and the only vegetable that I found was some tomatoes...I found some beans too (but I don't consider them veggies). I was very upset about that and didn't finish the soup. I should have had the Black Bean soup that my friend had. And when I went to get my refill on coffee, I got a cup full of grounds. BLECH! So I tried a different blend which I didn't like. Oh well, I didn't need a second cup anyway!

7. My one friend is remodeling her kitchen and she decided to get rid of some grape jelly that she had made last year. I ended up coming home with 5 jars! Anyone need some grape jelly? I'm sure it's great, but 5 jars is going to last us until Darly goes to college!

8. Yesterday was the Church Volunteer lunch. They invited everyone who helps out at Church to lunch as a thank you.

9. They ordered Panera Bread sandwiches for lunch...the sandwich was good, but the bread was a bit moist and stuck to my teeth. The rest of the food was very yummy though.

10. When I got the invitation, they had not invited Darly (again! >:( ) So I asked if she could come and since many folks who were invited could not make it, the Office Manager said that yes she could come. When we got there many folks made sure that Darly got as much recognition as I did because she helps out just like I do. I'm not sure that Darly appreciated it much, but I did. She deserves to be thanked as well. They did not give her a Thank you card or even put her name on mine. a bit miffed at that.

11. Last night was Darly's Gymnastics class. Between doing laundry and all the other stuff around here, we ended up running late. Which made me in a bad mood that Darly thought was directed toward her. Poor kiddo. Yes, I did appologize.

12. A few weeks ago there was some flood damage at the Gym from the melting snow (so hard to believe that we had snow such a short time ago!) so they've done some repairs and rearranging of the gym equipment. Normally for each bit of equipment they have a circle of equipment & skills for them to work on. So like if they are working on the bars there is a station where they work on chin-ups, a station to work on full extension swinging, a station where they work on flipping up on the bar...etc to have each girl in the class working on something and they rotate until each one has done everything in the circuit. Well with the new set up, I don't think they've quite figured out how all the circuits will work. I didn't see any groups (they run about 4 classes at a time) on the Tumble Trac (long skinny trampoline for tumbling runs).

13. And finally last night I gave Darly a choice of having KFC or Chicken dinner from our grocery store...do I even have to say which one she chose? LOL! So at the KFC I was trying to decide what to get. We like the Chicken strips, but the Family Sized Chicken Strip meal is way too big for the 3 of us (supposedly it feeds 4, but it last two nights for us!) So I saw they had a 6 piece. I asked if that was just 6 pieces of meat or if there were any sides with it. The counter person said it came with two sides & a biscuit (THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY CLUE, IF I WERE PAYING ATTENTION!!!) I assumed the sides would be larger. They weren't! They assumed that one person would be eating 6 strips of chicken. So after waiting forever and getting my meal for one I went home and tossed a bunch of left overs in the microwave so we would all have side dishes. Then DH says that I ordered too much food and we all could have shared the one meal without all the extra food I made! LOL! I don't think so. I gave each of us 2 chicken strips and a biscuit (I did order two more biscuits) then I reheated some leftover corn from dinner the previous night...so one of us got the ear of corn from KFC and the other two got the left-over corn. I had some noodles from the previous night that Darly ate, I ate some potatoe salad and DH ate the potatoes & gravy from KFC. No one was stuffed but no one was hungry either.

Bonus: Why are restaurants serving such HUGE portions for meals. Doesn't it seem very odd that a family of 3 can share a dinner meant for one? Waitstaff at most places give us weird/dirty looks when we go out for dinner and tell them that we are sharing a meal, but that's all the food that we need...it stuffs us. And then the silly folks come and ask if we want dessert.

13 comments:

  1. I've shared meals before and I think it's cause they feel like they will get stiffed on the tip, so I always tip as if Paul and I both ordered a meal.

    Sounds like it's been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list, I liked reading it! Thanks Uisce! ;-)
    My TT shares 13 things about the blue moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I can rarely eat a dessert after a meal anywhere anymore.

    Some restaurants around here have smaller lunch-sized portions and will let you order them for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always end up bringing home food from restaurants. They do serve so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy lady. I am happy to hear that finally, someone else did most of the work (through no fault of your own)...it's about time.
    Whenever we go to a restaurant out here called Islands, Ten always ends up eating 1/2 of my salad. It's just too much food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, I think I COULD eat six pieces of chicken strips by myself (probably one reason I'm in WW now!)

    Yes, all the Fiona's will eventually be in one book (except the ones that aren't) ;-) Believe it or not, they DO kinda go together in my mind. The scenes I write without 3WW tie the others together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...some fascinating info in those Thursday 13 tidbits. We rate a restaurant by the portions they serve (oh and the quality of the food of course). We've come to depend on take-home leftovers to feed us the next day...why cook when you can always re-heat in that new microwave of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We could feed a small country on what we waste in restaurant portions these days. :) I like me some KFC too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would LOVE to eat dessert at the end of a meal.... Would love to, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the answer to kitten withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fink it would be ok if ya putted yur 2 feets on yur bloggy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the way, Renee! It's nice to meet you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops! That was me, signed in on the hubby's computer....hi.... ;)

    ReplyDelete