Wednesday, May 16, 2007

tu écrire le blog - voix deux

That's "You wrote the blog - Part two" in French...well I might have some of it wrong as I don't know the conjugation of the verb. I got a D in French. sigh!

Well the questions keep coming, so this post will be a work in progress.

Joan said...
Wow...I learned quite a bit. So tell me, does Darly like her real name?!?!!?

I'm pretty sure that she does like her real name as she doesn't like the nickname that DH came up with...he picked her middle name so he could call her by her initials as a nickname and she hates that. Her first name is one with a lot of letters and it has many shorter versions to use as nicknames. I picked her name because I wanted her to have something that would be popular enough that folks could know how to say it and I wanted her to have built in nicknames. This all comes from my past. I grew up where folks had no idea how to even say my name ("Ree Nee" was said a lot!) And I never had any good nicknames. So now the only problem I run into with Darly's name is folks not knowing how to spell it...I went with the very traditional spelling and many folks go for the current popular spelling. Speaking of the spelling, I thought later that we might have a problem teaching her how to spell her name, silly me. It was actually quite easy.

Bone said...
What is the significance of lillyput? It's related to my dog Lilly. When we first found her picture on the shelter's website, her name was "Sue Lee". When Darly & I saw the picture we knew we wanted her, but that her name could not stay Sue Lee. So I asked Darly to come up with a new name and it would be helpful if it rhymed with Sue Lee so the dog would pick it up right away. Darly picked Lilly. From that we get Lillyput from "Gulliver's Travels". Lilly gets called lots of things like Lillyput, Lillypuchian, Lillypoo & Lillypooch. I don't think now that it was all that necessary to give her a name that rhymes because she'll come to just about anything if you use the right tone of voice. However the guy at the shelter really liked the name Lilly and said that he would change her name on the name card that night...but as it turned out the original owner showed up wanting her back, so they didn't change her name.

What is one of your favorite Seinfeld moments, quotes, or scenes? Oh my, there are so many to choose from! I know when we were looking for our house there is a neighborhood nearby called Tuscany. So we had great fun saying "There's nothing available in Tuscany!" and as it turned out there wasn't anything that we wanted in Tuscany. I really like "I don't wanna be a Pirate!" and "can you spare a square?" But who can forget "yadda, yadda, yadda"?

What is your favorite part about Bone's blog? That's hard to narrow down to just one thing too. Probably my favorite would be your random thoughts or your "rules for life." The best would have to be Urinalysis : Male Restroom Etiquette. As a gal it's fun to see what makes guys tick.

Bone said...
You're telling me there wasn't one house available in all of Tuscany??? No, not a one! Can you believe it?

:)

I was talking with someone who is going to walk in an AIDS walk soon and reminded her, "Don't forget to wear the ribbon." "You HAVE to wear the ribbon!" Oh and don't pick up any phonenumbers from the sponsor sheet.

Rascal said...
I'd like to meet your rabbits and hear the story of how you got them. Personally, I like rabbits.

I like rabbits too. Here's an interview that I did with the girls a ways back that you might enjoy.

And the story of how we got our rabbits... We had been in our new home for a while and I was longing to have some animals. DH really didn't want any...so I had to bug him lots about it. One day I was surfing the internet and came across the website for the Colorado House Rabbit Society. They had lots of rabbits who needed a good home, so I looked and found two that I really liked. I filled out some paperwork and called the lady to pick a time to come and meet these rabbits. Well as it turned out the rabbits I chose were very big and not all that friendly. So she had us look at all the rabbits and see if there were any others we might like. We tried out lots of rabbits and Trina & Trudy were the friendliest. Trudy even let Darly give her some papaya tablet. A few days later we had our new rabbits.

4 comments:

  1. You're telling me there wasn't one house available in all of Tuscany???

    :)

    I was talking with someone who is going to walk in an AIDS walk soon and reminded her, "Don't forget to wear the ribbon."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is turning out pretty cool. A good idea, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just keep learning more and more...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to meet your rabbits and hear the story of how you got them. Personally, I like rabbits.

    ReplyDelete