Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You Wrote the BLOG!

Well I asked and you provided. Some with very good questions too. If you didn't get to ask, jump down and ask there and I'll make a part two to include your question.

Okay, here we go...


Jen said...
Burning questions? Ok.

What is the average temperature inside a retort when human remains are being cremated?
ah Jen, you’re so literal. And funny too…that’s why I love you so much. I could go google that answer for you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you already know the answer. Wasn't this in STIFF?

Lynn said...
What did you end up doing with the microwave rack?
currently the rack to my microwave is sitting in the drawer under my electric stove (for you gas users this is where your broiler would be…electric stoves have a storage drawer instead). Another blogger said she keeps hers as a decoration in her garage. Mine might head there. I wonder if it would be any good for camping?

Anthony said...
I've noticed that sluggish thingy too. It's a little weird to type and wait.

Do you find it embarrassing to use the word "blog" in conversation?
Hey Anthony, nice to “meet cha!” Nope! I don’t find using the word blog at all embarrassing. Most folks I know have been told that I keep one and some even visit. The embarrassing thing is when I refer to my family by their blog names ie. “Hey! DH could you come here?”

Goofy Girl said...
What issues do you feel passionate about? a lot. I’m a very opinionated person. Just off the top of my head: animal rights, breastfeeding & homeschooling.

Why do you homeschool? I Homeschool because of many reasons. We live right near Colombine and that happening when Darly was 1 year and 5 days old was kinda the nail in the coffin for public schools to me. But long before she was even born, I knew that no child of mine would ever attend a public school. I just knew. As it turns out Darly's personality is such that public schools wouldn't be a good fit for her. She tends to get overwhelmed in really busy situations and she shuts down. I see her as the kid who doesn't get good grades for not participating or the kid who is always picked on.

Uisce said...
blogger? sluggish? I guess cause it's so darn popular! :) Ah! I guess we’ll be hearing of an outage for an upgrade soon? Not holding my breath.

Catzee said...
Yeah! How come ya don't got any kitties! A long time ago when DH & I were first married we had two bunnies & one dog. Then we had to move to another country and they wouldn’t let us take the bunnies and were going to make us put the dog in quarantine (locked up by herself) for a long time. We couldn’t do that to her, so we found her a new loving family (oh the bunnies too) to live with instead. As soon as we got back to the US I needed my bunnies & dog to complete our family. So we rescued them all from the shelter…but alas DH says there isn’t any room in our family for any more pets (it gets fun when we want to take a vacation finding someone to pet sit.) So for now, we’ll kitty sit.

Traveling Chica said...
Do your friends and family read your blog? Lots of my friends read my blog as all my homeschooling friends see the link in my siggy. No my family doesn’t read it. I’ve given them the link but they just don’t have the time…which is a good thing as I tend to vent about them a lot.

Why only Darly? You seem to love kids: I'd expect you to have like four :) (That one is nosy so feel free to not answer it if you don't want to.) Actually, I'm not such a big fan of kids. No baby lust here at all. I loved Darly at each stage she's gone through, but I don't ever miss Darly as a baby or Darly as a toddler. I was just reminded of when DH & I were just about to get married. We were out to dinner with his sister's family (she has 4 kids!) And Neice #2 sees this baby and she says "Oh Aunt Renee look at that!" I was like not impressed at all. Neice #2 is gonna be a great Mom some day to probably a large family.

Carmen said...
How did Darly get her name? Did you pick it out of a book? Is it a family name? Darly isn’t really my DD’s name…and she hates the name Darly. To get her real name, we did look in a baby name book. DH was picking really weird names like “Buffy” (yeah, after the Vampire Slayer!) and “Cheyenne” after where we lived…so he got demoted from picking the first name. I had two names picked out for a girl and just one for a boy (we didn’t know what we were having.) But a friend of ours pointed out that the nick name for the one name rhymed with our last name…so that one got tossed out! And how I picked Darly: Well DD is for Dear Daughter and Darlene means “Dear little one” so I shortened it.

The Meezers said...
how did you start reading kitty blogs? – Miles I used to do the Thursday 13 and I believe that I came across my first kitty blog there. Then I started clicking on their blogrolls for other kitty blogs because I found them so humorous. Then I picked my favorites and blogrolled them…so yes, that means you’re among the chosen few.

Mommy wants to know if you want 2 Meezers – Sammy

HEY, wait, i fink she means US. You’re always welcome for a visit, but after reading your antics (Miles too) I don’t think I have quite what it takes to take care of Meezers full time. You two are quite a handful!

Kailani said...
I'm so glad I'm not with blogger anymore!

Here's my question: Do you believe animals have emotions? Yes. I know it. I can read my dog's expressions and know what she is feeling. She gets very sad when DH is out of town (he is her bestest buddy!) and she mopes by the door waiting for him...she does the same thing when I'm gone I hear (I'm the one who feeds her.) I can also see when my rabbits are happy - they "binky" or when they're angry - they grunt at Darly (hee hee, they grunt at me and each other too.)

Joan said...
Actually Goofy Girl asked the question:

Why do you homeschool? I'd also like to know if you think all children could benefit from the homeschooling experience. I think that all children could benefit from a one-on-one education that is taylored to their learning style. But I don't think that means that all of them have to be educated at home. There are lots of kids who do really well in the public system and to take them out would be very bad for them. I think that teachers have the hardest and most important job on earth, and they deserve to be paid more than professional athletes or movie stars. I also think that every one deserves what works best for them.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a blog, or two. It's been quite informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my questions, it was fun to read all the other questions too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative. I enjoyed reading this. I hope you get some more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I learned quite a bit. So tell me, does Darly like her real name?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fanks for answering our questions Miss Renee. Mommy says it is a full time job (wif no benefits- wait, We are the benefits) taking care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for answering. My uneasiness with "blog" comes mostly from the word, which I wish didn't sound so awkward.

    Mostly, people I know in person don't know about the blog. I'm not sure why, but I don't mention it in conversation. It's odd, since I enjoy it so much. I suppose it's that weird side of me that wants to express myself but doesn't want people knowing too much about me.
    There's probably a psychology Master's Thesis in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a great way to learn about your fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, no kitties, that's furry sad. Ya didn't need a new microwave, ya need a bigger house! So ya can have a kitty. Right Darly??????

    ReplyDelete